Staff Project Controls Specialist
1700 West Loop South Houston, TX 77027 US
- The Staff Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for leading the project controls processes with the internal project management team to execute project deliverables within budget and schedule.
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Responsible for schedule management, earned value management and cost management.
- Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
- Ensure project set-up in Oracle Financial MIS/PPS Accounting Module or Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager Program.
- Analyze data; review logs; and run reports in Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager software and/or the Oracle Financials MIS/PPS Accounting software.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for tracking detailed breakdown of purchase orders or subcontracts.
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts.
- Manage the internal Change Management System.
- Responsible for the review of upstream (prime contract) / downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders.
- Report accurate updates to cost reports or forecasts.
- Develop and present a cash flow report.
- Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
- Create schedules and diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in Oracle Primavera 6 or Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
- Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate reporting format.
- Consult with project controls team on schedule progress.
- Responsible for monitoring resource loading of a schedule.
- Develop and present earned value tracking document.
- Analyze and report on data from Oracle Primavera P6.
- Develop pre-programmed project scheduling reports in P6 and review and analyze back-up documentation for accuracy.
- Manage integrated data from one program to another.
- Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Someone with around 5-8 years of direct project controls experience.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10 hour safety certification.
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments.