Staff Project Controls Specialist
Akron, OH 44223 US
- Ensure the accounting compliance of Transmission cost collectors.
- Determine correct asset ownership and incorporate in the development of the project accounting.
- Determine correct project accounting settlement rules relating to Operating Companies, Voltage, Capital, Removal, O&M of project accounting.
- Support the financial forecasting group with project accounting issues, CIAC (make the necessary system entries to ensure accurate posting) and create journal entries as needed.
- Support the Transmission Portfolio Development group by creating project WBS’s and work orders in SAP for projects approved in the Transmission Portfolio.
- Ensure that the correct WBS’s and work orders are mapped to the appropriate project RPA.
- Run master data queries; ensure the integrity of the Master Data in SAP and PowerPlant is accurate; make the necessary modifications as required.
- Support ad hoc research of WBS’s and work orders.
- Support the monthly financial reporting process.
- Support Transmission Forecast Tool.
- Collaborate with the Transmission Business Services Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred or 4+ years equivalent work experience.
- Professional work experience including financial analysis, accounting, financial reporting required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Utility accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP, PowerPlant, Transmission GIS, Toad Data Point, UI Planner is preferred.
- Knowledge of FERC accounting is preferred.