Staff Process Designer
1700 West Loop South Houston, TX 77027 US
:As a Staff Process Designer, you will perform various phases of planning and preparation of construction documentation and process plans as part of a project team. This position will work on various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients. As a designer on our team, you will perform a variety of assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, incorporating various system components, and refining rough sketches.
- Produce complete PFDs and P&IDs from verbal or written descriptions from the design engineer.
- Execute basic formulas, principles and practices, and use acquired knowledge of fundamental concepts and practices pertaining to the process discipline.
- Plan and develop drawings for production work including problem analysis and design layout on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Execute variety of process design assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation and refining rough sketches.
- Execute changes to designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Analyze reports, drawings, and tests to plan and design projects.
- Interpret and incorporate design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Review design drawings for quality assurance within scope, budget and schedule. Perform projects tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Responsible for the revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information are stored in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Responsible for clear and concise written and verbal communications, as it relates to the project client coordination.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and seven years related experience or associate's degree and eight years related experience or nine years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Advanced understanding of design software such as: SmartPlant P&ID, AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Excel is highly preferred.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Advanced ability to utilize applications to prepare engineering drawings.
- Advanced knowledge in design, calculations, and design systems.
- Advanced knowledge in the theory and practices of assigned discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others including, but not limited to Project Managers, Engineers, and Designers in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.