Staff Electrical Engineer
530 W Spring St. Columbus, OH 43215 US
- Our Client's Energy Storage team offers storage solutions that take clients from project conception, siting and permitting to turnkey design, construction, and startup. As one of the only firms in the United States to offer a fully integrated turnkey solution in the energy storage industry, our client has the market expertise to manage a wide variety of storage technologies including lithium-ion, flow, and mechanical storage systems.
- The company provides every essential service in the energy storage market and is a key player in the countrys transition to renewables.
- The Energy Storage team focuses on renewable power generation and storage in both the utility-scale market and the commercial/industrial market and offers a wide range of design and project execution experiences.
- Designs include initial battery sizing, use case evaluation, and technology selection to fully detailed design.
- Current projects range in size from 1MW to 400MW with interconnection voltages from 480V to 500kV and include both standalone storage and storage plus other renewables such as wind and solar.
- Our client is searching for engineers with a passion for renewable energy who can assist with the design and execution of complex energy storage projects.
Some specific duties & responsibilities include:
- Evaluating energy storage technology and providing guidance for clients on the best technology for the application.
- Battery sizing including overbuild and augmentation strategies.
- Electrical system modeling including grounding, load flow, short-circuit, and arc-flash analysis.
- Protective relay setting development, calculation, and coordination studies.
- Assist in the electrical design of energy storage projects from the conceptual phase though design completion
- Assist in developing equipment specifications, procuring, and factory acceptance testing electrical equipment, inverters, batteries, and other associated equipment.
- Assist in preparing/creating construction documents for the installation of new energy storage equipment.
- Applies basic knowledge of commonly used electrical concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the electrical engineering services industry.
- Assists with correcting and updating drawings within multiple CAD related software.
- Assists in performing field inspections, measurements, or calculations for clients.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree from an ABET-accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Electrical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET-accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- 3 years of electrical engineering experience, consulting preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience. Experience in lithium-ion battery technology, electrical power, medium voltage, low voltage, lighting, grounding, and associated systems design and construction administration is strongly preferred.
- Facility-type designs for both utility-scale storage and commercial/industrial behind-the-meter storage.
- System modeling using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software is preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, as well as strong analytical & problem-solving skills, are required.
- Previous consulting engineering experience preferred.