100 Birch Pond Drive Tilton, NH 03276 US
The Staff Accountant will mainly be responsible for managing the fixed asset accounting and reporting functions of the organization, as well as other general accounting functions as needed. This role involves ensuring accurate and compliant recording of fixed asset transactions, calculating and recording depreciation expenses, and collaborating with various departments to support financial reporting and analysis. In addition, this role may require assistance with other functions such as inventory and general ledger accounting.
- Review invoices to ensure proper account coding and compliance in accordance with the capitalization policy.
- Analyze CIP projects and capitalize when projects are complete.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register, recording all acquisitions, disposals, transfers, and other related transactions accurately and in accordance with accounting standards.
- Calculate and record depreciation expenses accurately based on the Company’s depreciation policies and accounting standards.
- Perform regular reconciliations to ensure alignment between the fixed asset sub-ledger and general ledger accounts.
- Quarterly, collaborate with the finance team to assess impairment indicators and record necessary impairment charges.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and internal controls related to fixed asset accounting.
- Contribute as an essential member of the monthly close and year end external audit processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, preferred.
- Experience in fixed asset and/or general accounting.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Excel for data analysis and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills for collaborating with cross-functional teams.