Sr. Network Engineer
5151 CORPORATE DRIVE TROY, MI 48098 US
Perm salary at conversion after 6 months- 100-135 k depending on expereince.
Duration- 6 mth CTH- no fee
hours- 8- prefer someone in west coast or central time zones.
The Senior Network Engineer will provide engineering, implementation, analytical, and daily operational support. This specifically includes hands-on experience configuring, troubleshooting, and analyzing capacity issues of the Enterprise and Data Center networks. He/She should have an advanced understanding of Cisco (Nexus, Catalyst, and ACI), Citrix Netscalers, and Palo Alto firewalls. Additionally, a strong working knowledge in Data Center technologies, including (but not limited to) servers, storage, virtualization, networking, and infrastructure management. His/her work is performed by following procedures and vendor documentation in a team environment, with frequent evaluation from and under close supervision of the Manager of Network Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configure and troubleshoot commercial network products, including but not limited to Cisco Nexus and ACI, Palo Alto Panorama, Citrix ADC, Cisco Catalyst switching, Infoblox DDI, and Meraki Cloud.
- Analyze network activity and problems to identify, resolve, and prevent systematic errors.
- Serve as an advanced technical resource on a functional basis for the resolution of complex service impacting issues.
- Utilize and configure networking tools such as Solarwinds Orion, Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco ISE, and NetBrain.
- Firewall administration adhering to strict Security and Governance guidelines.
- Required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends, and holidays when needed.
- Potential for on-site work physically troubleshooting and maintaining networking equipment.
- Participate in various projects intended to continually improve/upgrade network infrastructures.
- Maintain a positive work attitude, a high level of communication, and cordial relations that foster teamwork among all teams.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to deliver results both on time and budget.
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced experience in Cisco switching technology, including but not limited to Cisco ACI, Nexus VPC, and Catalyst StackWise.
- Network experience in cloud software (both public and private) such as AWS VPC, Amazon Direct Connect, Azure ExpressRoute, or Cisco ACI.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with knowledge of advanced network principles and internet architecture.
- Experience in Citrix NetScaler or similar load balancing technologies.
- Must be affluent in the principles of Network Technology, including but not limited to Network Strategies, Carrier Offerings Design, VPN solutions and Cisco Platforms.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidate should have a track record of excellent teamwork, written verbal communications, project management, and following procedures.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet business needs with occasional travel.
- SD-WAN and Cisco ACI experience is strongly desired.