Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Strategy
Plano, TX 75075 US
Customer Marketing Strategy Sr. Manager
Location: Remote, U.S.
The Customer Marketing Strategy Sr. Manager will be responsible for developing, planning and executing marketing strategies and plans for a defined specific customer segment. In addition to the broad scope of managing planning and communications this role is responsible for cross organization alignment working with all functions in the company to ensure clear communication and execution of segment objectives, strategies and marketing campaigns. The role is responsible for planning communication strategies and briefing campaigns that drive specific customer segment action in support of the overall marketing objectives. Working cross functionally with the in house creative agency, customer insights, media channel owners, store operations and ecommerce this role plays a critical function as the center of customer segment marketing activity. This position reports directly to the Director, Marketing Communications.
- Develop and maintain marketing communications processes to ensure total organizational view into segment campaigns and prioiritzation of messaging season to season.
- Develop and lead strategies for customer segment audience marketing and drive measured growth of overall segment. Oversee creation of customer segment briefs and coordinate external agencies ensuring alignment with overall campaign efforts.
- Develop and lead strategic planning of customer segment marketing plans and translate to tactical plan of action.
- Direct media owners on appropriate messaging and objectives for overall segment campaigns.
- Lead coordination of marketing priorities for the customer segment in coordination with overall seasonal and brand level marketing, ensuring clear understanding of key messaging hierarchy and alignment across all touchpoints for a holistic and congruent targeted campaign for the specific customer segment objectives.
- Coordinate cross functionally with all departments internal to marketing as well as key functions and business units outside of marketing.
- Coordinate execution in digital channels developing clear plan of actions and marketing execution in a one to many digital platform.
- Analyze customer data to develop recommendations for campaign priorities and adjustments to customer segment marketing to drive segment objectives.
- Analyze market data and trends as it relates to customer segment and marketing trends related to the specific customer segment.
- Ability to clearly communicate campaign objectives, messaging priorities, strategies through development of actionable briefs, presentations and communication guides.
- Proof and verify final marketing assets align with campaign objectives and messaging priorities.
- Provide executive level presentations to clearly communicate the total campaign strategies.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience focused customer segmented marketing or comms planning and management, fashion marketing and/or retail marketing is preferred. Retail experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations preferred. Master's degree a plus.
- The ideal candidate has extensive brand or customer segment led marketing experience with a strong understanding of direct to consumer digital marketing and experience driving specific customer segment activations.
- This role requires strong leadership skills, an ability to work cross functionally and a solutions oriented mindset.
- Curiosity and analytical mindset with interest in understanding business results of a specific customer audience in order to drive measured growth of segments.
- Be a thought leader and cultivate a culture of out of the box thinking and innovation, a change agent and cross functional peer leader.