Sr. MSL (Remote East Coast)
470 Atlantic Ave. or remote Boston or remote, MA 02210 or remote US
The Senior MSL will initially travel widely across the US to engage with Health Care Providers, attending both major and regional congresses – as the team grows, the requirement for travel may lessen.
The successful candidate will have proven ability to operationalize product communication strategies and have a clear understanding of the needs of health care providers, patients and families, able to clearly communicate complex scientific and medical information in an articulate and warm manner as appropriate for the specific audience.
- Build strong relationships with KOLs and other healthcare thought leaders, interacting to communicate and advance company' s scientific platform, clinical and medical information in alignment with corporate and brand objectives; identify and report key scientific, clinical and research insights from KOLs to Medical Affairs and the Clinical Development and Commercial teams.
- Act as a key scientific resource to Health Care Providers, communicate up to date medical, clinical, and scientific information about neurology and epilepsy products.
- Support KOL identification and patient recruitment initiatives for assigned clinical programs, CNS related
- Lead assigned national and/or regional congress activities in accordance with Medical Affairs strategies and plans.
- Contribute to Medical Affairs and MSL strategies and plans; adapt strategies, plans and tactics for national and/or regional territories as assigned.
- Provide instruction, coaching and mentoring to new or less experienced MSLs.
- Travel domestically up to 50% of the time, including overnight travel as business needs require. International travel may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Act in accordance with Company policies, including, for example, the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and ensure policies are understood and followed by direct reports, if any.
- Minimum of a relevant doctorate degree (i.e. M.D., PhD, PharmD, DPH).
- Minimum 3 years MSL experience in neurology therapeutic area
- Clinical trial development and drug launch experience preferred.
- Knowledge of clinical research processes, FDA regulations and OIG guidelines required.
- Ability to communicate accurately and confidently across multiple disease states.
- Established relationships with KOLs and knowledge of institutions in neurology epilepsy preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and cross-functionally.