Sr. Director of Distribution and Transportation
580 W Industrial Ct, , Floor 21 Villa Rica, GA 30180 US
Onsite- Villa Rica, GA
Vaccination Requirements: None
- 10+ year progressive career in plant distribution and transportation including strong management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
- Experience developing and presenting and rolling out strategic initiatives, including near and long-term plans for distribution and transportation network
- Experience establishing and executing against a vision for internal distribution Fleets
- Experience with high volume data manipulation and analysis to develop quantifiable KPI’s to meet on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc basis
- Experience creating, establishing and reporting on monthly distribution and transportation financial budgets
- Flexibility to travel
- Advanced degree or certifications in Supply Chain, Logistics or related field
Job Summary/Description: This position will report to the COO. This role will be responsible for the overall effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of distribution and transportation networks. Working with others this role will be responsible for driving sustainable operating cost reductions in the distribution and transportation networks while maintaining the service levels and quality our customers have come to expect. The individual in this role will oversee and be responsible for the four US warehouses as well as the fleet and common carrier transportation teams, in addition to building and maintaining relationships with the 3PL partners.
This person will be responsible for creating strategy for the distribution and transportation network to support the forecasted growth of the company. Additionally, the individual in this role will develop a vision and execute upon that vision for the distribution and transportation teams that will focus on establishing standardized processes and workflows, optimizing distribution layouts. The role will develop and report on measurable KPI’s to track progress to this vision.