Sr Environmental Project manager III
1111 3rd Ave #1600 Seattle, WA 98101 US
Our client is actively seeking a talented Senior Environmental Project Manager for immediate employment in their Seattle, Washington office. Imagine making a positive impact in your community while working on rewarding projects, such as environmental justice, remediation, or Brownfields projects.
In this role (Environmental Project Manager III), you will be responsible for managing staff, subcontractors, technical delivery, stakeholder engagement and communication, and financial management of the projects you manage. A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, geology, environmental science, or related field is required. Minimum 4 years of experience in Environmental Project Management relative to site investigation and remediation projects is required. Relocation to the Seattle area is required for this position, as it is not a remote position.
Responsibilities for this position may include the following:
- Understand site investigation and remediation techniques to drive solutions for our clients.
- Utilizes existing technologies and past experience to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Interprets and records data, conducts analyses, compares findings to relevant studies and local, state, and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
- Mentor staff including those aspiring to be project managers.
- Supervise the performance of senior level engineers, geologist, and scientists, as well as project administration, projects controls, scheduling, cost control, estimating and procurement representatives.
- Determine and define project scope and objectives. Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan.
- Familiar with project invoicing and cash flow management.
- Manages all phases of projects (from beginning to close out).
- Analyzes financial statements and completes budget tracking.
- Performs work with minimal direction with periodic reporting to area manager.
- Predict resource needs and manage resources effectively.
- Provide technical oversight and quality control.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Monitor project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Identify, mitigate, and manage project risks.
- BS in engineering, geology, environmental science or related field.\Minimum 4 years of experience in Environmental Project Management relative to site investigation and remediation projects.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- US Citizen or US Permanent resident.
- Licensed in the State of Washington (Professional Engineer or Geologist) or ability to open license within 12 months of hire.
- PMP certification preferred or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Experience working with local and state regulatory agencies in Washing
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certified (current).
- Experience with regulator and stakeholder negotiations.
- Experience successfully managing environmental projects for various types of clients
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication, both verbal and written skills.
- Experience in team management and scheduling of staff and resources to ensure on time and on budget project delivery.
- Superior communication, writing, editing, and reporting skills for a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience preparing proposals, cost estimates, schedules, and change orders.
- Interest in business development.
- Have led teams of professionals in executing Site Investigations, Remedial Investigations, Feasibility Studies, Risk Assessment, and Treatability Studies in support of Federal environmental projects.
- Occasional overnight travel required.