Senior UX/UI Designer
45 Columbus Ave. New York, NY 10023 US
Pay Rate: Up to $65/hr DOE
As our Senior UX/UI Designer, you will help bring the Higher Ed BigFuture College Profiles product vision to life. You will work within technical constraints and meet business requirements and usability goals. You are a strong communicator who will form effective cross-functional relationships. As our Senior UX/UI Designer, you will partner with the business and engineering teams to prioritize UX activities throughout the software development lifecycle and deliver high-quality experiences. You will support all aspects of design and production, focusing specifically on UX/UI and design research. Additionally, you will work closely with our program owners to understand their needs and help the team find solutions that serve user needs and achieve business goals.
Design & Implementation (60%)?
- Identify target users and help build hypotheses around user needs for projects?
- Develop and lead research (generative and evaluative) for your team/products, including leading Continuous Discovery interviews with users and leading our end-user working groups
- In addition to research, collect other types of data to inform design decisions/solutions (e.g., surveys, analytics dashboards, accessibility reviews)?
- Lead synthesis sessions with your team, following agile and lean methodologies?
- Create artifacts to share out design research synthesis and decisions
- Analyze business and technical requirements?
- Create user journeys and flows to capture current and future states of user pathways to influence planning of MVPs and prospective releases
- Develop wireframes, interactive prototypes, comps, specifications, and other design documents to communicate design ideas to project teams?
- Partner with the Accessibility team to ensure designs are compliant?
- Create and present concepts/deliverables to your working team and our stakeholders?
- Conduct handoffs to developers through tools like Figma and Zeplin?
- Contribute to the UX/UI of our foundational BigFuture design system, standards, patterns, and UI elements
- Work collaboratively with our Content, Design and Engineering Team (CoDE) to ensure brand and pattern alignment?
Strategy & Communication (30%)?
- Strong communicator who takes initiative in talking to users, presenting in research sessions, and effectively sharing findings with the team and stakeholders
- Collaborate with the team to promote communication and synchronicity in planning across design, product, and engineering
- Contribute to the overall design and UX strategy for our product designs, including feeding into and refining a design system to facilitate a unified experience across all our products?
- Document and present UX/UI and design updates to stakeholders and users?
- Collaborate and take direction from multiple stakeholders and disciplines to achieve an impactful experience?
- Participate and be vocal in agile ceremonies to ensure design needs are met?
- Nurture a culture of user empathy and deep curiosity that enables us to build simple, intuitive products for our customers?
- Advocate for consistent design processes, methods, core systems, and patterns
- Facilitate whiteboarding sessions, workshops, and brainstorms?
Project Management (10%)?
- Self-manage workload and obtain necessary requirements and acceptance criteria needed to complete work?
- Coordinate with UX Lead, product leads, design team, and engineers to ensure timely delivery of design artifacts?
- Help foster an environment for collaboration by partnering with business and other creative units to align our visual design approach with project goals, and the College Board brand?
- As a UX designer, you are independent in your support of a cross-functional team
- A portfolio of your work included in your application?that shows examples of you experience leading design research initiatives
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (computer science, interaction design, HCI, industrial design, information science, social sciences, graphic design, etc.) and/or equivalent years of work experience?
- 5+ years of professional experience of relevant Design experience?
- Documented experience in designing for large, content-rich websites and applications; proven solutions that met users’ needs; Experience designing enterprise products is a huge plus
- Extensive experience in information design and user scenarios?
- Broad knowledge of digital interaction design patterns, Web site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation on various platforms (Web, mobile, tablet)?
- Familiarity with user-centered research, such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, and field interviews?
- Understanding the physical, cognitive, cultural, and social factors that affect design decisions?
- Familiarity with front-end coding technologies and data modeling is a big plus?
- Strong communicator with an ability to demonstrate both leadership and understanding with respect to project partners; Self-managing, but also used to working within a team?
- Highly adaptable to new information, situations, or challenges and can work independently?
- Like facing new challenges and thrive on opportunities to think creatively and come up with fresh approaches to tough business and operational problems?
- Possess a ‘Product Design’ mindset, who owns the end-to-end design delivery: from strategy to comps?