The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Senior Public Involvement Specialist
Brookhaven, GA 30319 US
Posted: 03/01/2023 2023-03-01 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 530449 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- The Senior Public Involvement Specialist is responsible for leading a wide variety of communication and public outreach services for large scale permitting, planning, design and construction projects. Lead the establishment of functional goals, communication strategies and tactics to ensure the Public Involvement team executes Public Involvement/Community Relations plans and outreach processes accordingly.
- Manage presentation development, lead project interviews and engagement/communication project scoping and cost estimating.
- Lead development of business planning and executing that plan for the division.
- Develop and implement engagement strategies for internal programs.
- Manage programmatic and project engagement, as well as communication objectives and requirements.
- Manage strategic outreach plans and processes. Elements of these plans may include public meetings, information sessions, surveys, fact sheets, video production, special events, social media, training, material development and distribution (brochures, handouts, newsletters, mailers, web site content, and other materials to project audiences).
- Develop detailed workshop agendas, conceptualize workshop content and facilitate workshops which may involve addressing contentious issues with oppossing participants.
- Conceptualize graphic design efforts and direct the work of graphic designer(s) to create infographics and communicate effectively via presentations and webinars.
- Prioritize project objectives and allocation of funds to support those objectives.
- Achieves stated targets and standards for financial performance and profitability.
- Establish and maintain relationships with project stakeholders that include public officials, property owners and businesses affected by projects.
- Manage outreach efforts; identify public outreach goals and make recommendations to clients regarding the best way to address the needs; participate in government briefings and project presentation to external groups; monitor and manage public outreach costs; develop project publications, brochures, web information and materials; meet with clients to develop key messages and themes; develop and implement state-wide, regional, individual and local outreach plans; produce and distribute weekly and monthly reports on public outreach efforts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, environmental sciences, environmental or urban planning or a related field from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 14 years strategic communication experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Previous experience successfully communicating complicated technical, political, public policy, and/or work issues to the public through a variety of channels, including TV, print, web and town hall meetings required.
- Experience in developing and editing content for proposals, articles, collateral, technical reports, high level messaging, speech writing, and presentations required
- Strong media-relations skills and previous experience working with media outlets to develop and deliver key messages and manage content (news, events, crises, etc.) a plus.
- Must have previous experience successfully developing, implementing, and directing conceptual design and strategy for communications plans and/or public outreach campaigns, including branding, message and content.
- Proficiency and previous experience in graphic design including page layout, building ads, brochures, books and proposals.
- Experience in developing content for social media and news releases, as well as web design and coding (for both traditional and social media platforms) is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and assist with the management of large-scale permitting and construction projects, and the necessary communications processes associated with such an effort.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Related consulting experience preferred.
- High level of attention to detail with ability to perform quality reviews.