The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Senior Project Engineer - Transmission Line Design
1700 West Loop South, Suite 1500 Houston, TX 77027 US
Posted: 02/13/2023 2023-02-13 2023-04-26 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 533708 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- Providing technical leadership, direction, and support for an overhead transmission design team on projects ranging from 69kV to 500kV
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing team members
- Serving as the primary technical point of contact for the client
- Implementation of quality control processes
- Supporting proposal development
- Leading coordination and communication of project requirements and schedule needs across discipline
- Identification and communication of technical risks associated with projects
- Oversight of production work required to meet deliverable milestone
- Identifying, developing, and communicating processes and tools to increase efficiency across team and department
- Creating, improving, facilitating and teaching training courses to the project team and department
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients as well as provide technical leadership, guidance and instruction to project teams.
- A minimum of 7 years of direct project engineering experience managing design efforts for Design-only and EPC projects.
- BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
- Expert knowledge in degreed engineering discipline.
- Basic knowledge in all other engineering disciplines.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective communicator with clear and concise writing and presentation skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to develop and manage workplans, schedules and budgets.
- Provide leadership to a diverse project team will be preferred