Senior Project Analyst
1 Hoag Dr, Newport Beach Newport Beach, CA 92663 US
Pay: up to $33 per hour DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and more
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of initiatives that are focused on delivering strategic value to the company. Under the guidance of the Vice President or a Project Manager, you will leverage your analytical skills to support metrics development and performance measurement on data-driven initiatives. You will also support the translation of strategic information and complex data analyses into compelling, executive-level plans and presentations. You will build skills in project management, process improvement and organizational change with the goal of ultimately managing large initiatives that impact operations and influence strategic goal achievement.
- Translate quantitative and qualitative concepts into complex business models and key performance indicators.
- Accurately apply administrative, clinical, financial, market and demographic data for use in data-driven improvement initiatives.
- Design and execute quantitative analyses to support hypotheses, enable informed decision-making, and drive performance improvement insights.
- Conduct analysis independently once the approach to the analysis has been structured, which includes collecting data, identifying data integrity risks, and developing an action plan to cleanse data as needed.
- Conduct external/internal research as needed on new concepts and subject matter associated with their assignments.
- Develop and deliver executive-level presentations that clearly and concisely tell a compelling story.
- Support process optimization exercises based on Continuous Improvement principles (Six Sigma, Lean).
- Apply quality management tools to minimize waste, decrease errors, increase efficiency and effectiveness, and improve patient and caregiver experience.
- Present analyses and insights to project leadership, supporting the translation of analytical findings into impactful initiatives that will improve performance.
- Review key performance indicators for a given initiative and create variance reports to help monitor progress compared to plan.
- Based on findings, recommend improvements that provide additional benefits and value.
- Build skills in the OVM project management methodology and lead smaller projects of medium level complexity.
- Build and maintain an internal network for information support and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of relevant work experience OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of a broad range of data types – administrative, financial, demographic, market, clinical, etc. - as well as an understanding of business performance metrics, benchmarks, targets and calculations.
- Financial analysis and financial modeling experience.
- Experience in data gathering and business analysis (including structuring and translating data into the most meaningful information for the audience).
- Experience partnering with colleagues from several parts of an organization to collect, synthesize, organize and interpret complex sets of data.
- Degree/training in industrial engineering, finance, or business
- Project Management Institute certification (e.g., CAPM, PMI-PBA), Certification in Lean or Six Sigma methodologies
- Familiarity with healthcare-specific data and systems
- Experience managing healthcare-related projects and familiarity with the healthcare provider industry