Senior Power BI Developer
1000 Remington Blvd. Suite 120 Bolingbrook, IL 60440 US
Senior Power BI Developer
Pay Rate: Up to $40/hr DOE
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
Location: Remote, USA
The Merchandise Operations (MerchOps) Business Intelligence (BI) team is responsible for supporting the objectives of the Merchandising organization at our client with effective data and analytical solutions. With merchandise being at the heart of most everything we do, the team regularly collaborates with cross-functional partners across the enterprise (e.g., Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Store Operations) to ensure solutions and their dependencies are being addressed holistically. Similarly, the team works very closely with various IT teams to grasp an understanding of key merchandising and BI applications that ensure team members can become functional subject matter experts, acting as liaisons between the business and technology.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in data modelling, designing data warehouse / data marts and reporting, dashboarding and advanced analytics solutions using Power BI
- Experience with extracting, cleaning, interpreting, and modeling data from diverse heterogenous sources.
- Experience in source parameterization and incremental data loading in Power BI
- Experience and understanding of directional relationships, creating object relationships, logical hierarchies, and handling partitions
- Experience in creating tabular data models, Power BI data sets, Data Flows and working with millions of rows of data
- Advanced analytics using Power BI and DAX skills, including custom date tables, iterators, measures using VAR, CALCULATE, Calculate modifiers, Context modifiers, TREATAS, Time Intelligence, etc, Power Query and Intermediate to high level SQL Skills
- Strong data visualization & story telling proficiency. Should possess the skills to represent complex data structures with requisite context without compromising aesthetics.
- Experience in building and managing workspace, premium capacities, and enterprise datasets in Power BI
- Experience deploying enterprise grade Power BI solutions, including app and workspace management, performance optimization, advanced visualizations, and data transformations
- 6+ years of experience developing, deploying using Power BI Services
- 6+ years of experience building front end reporting or visualization solutions
- 6+ years of experience building data models or data preparation workflows
- 6+ years of experience working with SQL and database concepts
- Power BI Paginated
- Power Automate
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. JAVA, Python, R, VBA)