Senior Financial Analyst (Capital Planning)
201 Burlington Road Bedford, MA 01730 US
- Partner with the Capital Planning team to develop, document and maintain a sustainable financial and governance process that clarifies roles & responsibilities of cross functional stakeholders
- Develop and/ or review CAPEX business cases, financial models, return of investment (ROI) and discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis, with a keen eye to challenging critical assumptions and escalating significant financial implications
- Provide full service financial support to the Capital Planning function by reviewing contracts, managing purchase orders, reviewing month-end CAPEX or expense accruals, analyzing historical spend and leading the budget and forecast development
- Demonstrate understanding of financial and accounting concepts and enterprise systems to support accounting and financial planning needs of non-financial clients; Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles around CAPEX/ OPEX classification
- Analyze CAPEX spend (both postings and cash flows) and Fixed Asset balance sheet account for Actuals vs. Budget/forecast and perform strong data analysis through review of data and ability to draw conclusions with proposals for remediation where applicable
- Compile monthly and quarterly internal reporting packages
- Effectively collaborate cross functionally to deliver accurate forecasting and project budgets; day to day communication with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, Project Managers, Accounting, Capital Planning function and others
- Develops high quality effective presentations (i.e. engaging, motivating, concise, well-prepped)
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
- Systems savviness, demonstrated experience with an Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and corporate Capital Planning tools; support the continuous improvement and optimization of the forecast and budget processes utilizing EPM tool; Effectively troubleshoot and manage inquiries from all Company users and partner with IT, as needed
- Demonstrates and promotes the Lantheus values of accountability, communication, customer commitment, entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, safety and teamwork.
Typical Minimum Skills, Experience And Education
- Preferred 4-7 years of experience in a budgeting/financial planning role, finance/ accounting experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with an attention to quality and timely analyses and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- This role is highly visible to the executive team; candidate should have strong presentation skills
- Ability to learn systems quickly; strong technical ability of analyzing large amounts of data
- Knowledge of EPM tools such as SAP or Planful is a plus
- Analytical and detail-oriented self-starter with a high emphasis on teamwork, quality of work and timeliness with high-level of integrity and strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to write and present analytical summaries