Senior Environmental Scientist or Engineer
Hunt Valley, MD 21031 US
As a Senior Environmental Scientist or Engineer, you will lead and conduct review of state and federal regulations to determine applicability and define compliance requirements for institutional, commercial, industrial and utility source permitting actions and compliance demonstrations.
Specific duties will include:
- Perform calculations to develop air emission inventories for various source types.
- Conduct technical analyses such as computerized dispersion modeling to evaluate source impacts.
- Develop design options and/or recommendations and prepare deliverable documents.
- Determine appropriate air permitting pathways for new stationary sources.
- Lead preparation of air quality permit documents on behalf of clients for submittal to regulatory agencies.
- Support negotiation of permit conditions with regulators.
- Support client compliance documentation recordkeeping and reporting.
Our Client prides itself on servant leadership, career development for staff in all areas, and maintaining work-life balance including flexible schedules. They have a tremendous base of positive client relationships. This has resulted in a stable backlog of projects and opportunities for growth. They also offer a fantastic benefits package!
What you will need:
- B.S. degree in environmental science, engineering or related discipline, master’s degree preferred.
- PE preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in CAA compliance, air quality permitting, compliance and/or air modeling.
- Experience leading projects from initial regulatory applicability analysis; air permit applications; renewals and revisions for variety of permitting mechanisms, including Title V, NNSR, PSD, and minor NSR.
- Environmental consulting experience preferred.
- Ability to provide technical leadership for complex permitting and other air quality projects including NEPA air quality analysis.
- Experience with air dispersion modeling (AERSCREEN, AERMOD, etc.).
- Ability to lead remotely located multidisciplinary teams, within specified budgets and schedules.
- Innovative problem-solving skills required.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills are required.
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Salary
- Low deductible health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee wellness program