Senior Electrical Engineer (Nuclear)
9400 Ward parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
- Responsible for developing, reviewing and/or approving Electrical Engineering Design change packages and calculations in support of maintenance or capital projects at a nuclear power facility.
- Conceives, plans and coordinates investigations of considerable scope and complexity with unique or controversial problems which have a major effect on company projects and programs.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key individuals of other organizations, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- This position is responsible for being a specialist and is considered an authority for the company in an area of technical responsibility.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Provide advanced technical advice to staff.
- Assist with supervision of staff on major projects.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Oversee a project team of 1 to 4 engineers, designers, and CADD personnel.
- Verify and/or perform all design calculations.
- Interface with clients on schedules, contracts, estimates, scope of work requirements, etc.
- Attend/conduct all required meetings throughout the project duration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor' s degree in electrical engineering from accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years related experience in the nuclear industry (completion of master' s degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Previous nuclear operating plant experience preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge of 10CFR50.59 process
- Nuclear Modification, Engineering Change Package Experience
- Equipment and System Design Experience
- Experienced in design reviews and design review preparation