Senior Cost Accountant - Alameda, CA
One Penumbra Place Alameda, CA 94502 US
Hybrid – 3 days in office
Pay Range: $112,719 – 149,183
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and/or 5+ years of accounting experience
Cost Accounting theory
Experience in manufacturing or life sciences
As a key member of our Finance team, you will maintain cost accounting systems and procedures.
What You’ll Work On
• Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and audit activities, including projects related to inventory and cost.
• Collaborate with the Finance team to resolve inventory discrepancies.
• Complete month end journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and analyzing variances.
• Complete Financial Statement analysis, including Balance Sheet & Income Statement.
• Review SOX controls to ensure adherence of internal controls and ensure process integrity within Cost/Inventory and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements.
• Partner with the Operations team on inventory costing processes and inputs.
• Maintain the accuracy of inventory costs and ensure that all inventory reporting requirements are satisfied.
• Monitor all transactions involving inventory to ensure the perpetual inventory records are maintained.
• Reconcile inventory in all locations to reports or physical counts.
• Perform analysis of margin and inventory reports.
• Review standard costs and update periodically.
What You Contribute
• The desire to be part of great company whose technology is saving lives every day.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field, and 5+ years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A strong understanding of Cost Accounting theory.
• Strong financial analysis skills, and the ability make relevant recommendations.
• Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency with Excel and Word.
• Experience within the manufacturing or life sciences industries preferred.