Senior Copywriter/Content Strategist
26525 Riverwoods Blvd Mettawa, IL 60045 US
Location: Mettawa, IL
Pay Rate: $40-$45/hr depending on experience
Planet Interactive is seeking a Senior Copywriter/Content Strategist to join one of our well-known global pharmaceutical clients.
The Senior Copywriter/Content Strategist is part of a team of 45+ strategic and creative thinkers in an in-house marketing communications and events agency for a leading global biopharmaceutical company. The team (creative directors, designers, motion artists, writers, and account managers) supports internal and external communications across Corporate, R&D and Commercial pillars of the company – partnering with cross-functional stakeholders that represent over 30 brands across 80+ countries.
Senior Copywriter/Content Strategist Responsibilities:
- Leverage big-picture thinking, storytelling, and research insights to develop and implement internal and external communication plans, campaigns, promotional materials, and meeting/event deliverables for teams across the entire enterprise. Items may include:
- Themes and Tag lines
- Video Scripts
- Internal Awareness Campaigns
- Disease State Awareness Campaigns
- Product launch support
- Leadership Messaging
- Training Tactics
- Team-Building Initiatives
- Culture Change Initiatives
- Award and Recognition Programs
- Show scripting and speaker talking points
- Build a good rapport with clients and nurture team relationships.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Designers, Account Team, and external vendor partners to conceptualize and execute materials that meet brand standards (Corporate brand, as well as individual product brands).
- Determine a project’s direction (both conceptually and holistically) working with incomplete information and ambiguity.
- Work with Traffic Manager, Creative Director and Account Team on development and clarification of project scope, timeline, and budget, and share accountability in delivering against project requirements and client expectations.
- Communicate timely and accurate information as project progresses, meet deadlines, and execute quality standards.
- Anticipate project needs and proactively provide expertise and innovative solutions to meet them.
- Track time daily and meet established utilization numbers for this function.
- Minimum Education: BA/BS in English, Journalism, or Communications.
- Minimum Experience: 5-7 years of writing experience within a design firm, advertising agency, in-house corporate department and/or freelance business.
- Portfolio: Must provide samples of work to be considered.
- Proven talent and understanding of creative media to determine the best method to portray a creative concept.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and awareness of trends in digital and print communications.
- Excellent communication skills: Written, presentation and oral that persuade and gain understanding and alignment with others in a professional tone.
- High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion in a fast-paced environment; ability to absorb and respond to constructive feedback and turn projects around quickly when off course.
- Demonstrates a passion for creative thinking and the ability to clearly explain strategy and thought process.
- Confidence under pressure, exercising good judgment as well as good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team and provide clarity amid ambiguity.
- Able to work under the guidance of a creative director, as well as independently (with minimal supervision) and directly with Account Teams.
- Knowledge of regulations, standards and healthcare trends affecting pharmaceutical products and biotech. (nice-to-have)