Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager
Houston, TX 77027 US
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, our client attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at our client, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Our client is seeking a Senior Site/Civil Project Manager to join its collaborative team in Houston, TX. This individual will serve a key function in leading and supporting design, permitting and client management/development efforts for a variety of land development projects. In this role, you will have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with top industry leadership on a diverse array of premier land development projects.
- Design and permit residential, institutional, commercial centers, warehouse distribution centers, and mixed-use projects for both public and private clients;
- Work closely with office leadership to develop growth plans and ensure staff utilization;
- Possess an entrepreneurial demeanor and participate in Business Development activities by developing new clients for the firm and maintaining relationships with existing clients;
- Lead site/civil efforts on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Lead storm water management design, hydrologic/hydraulic analysis and design and SWPPP preparation;
- Demonstrate experience in all aspects of land development engineering including the integration of geotechnical and environmental engineering; and
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- 10+ years of successful, local and related site/civil engineering experience with a concentration in land development on both small and large projects;
- Professional Engineering license;
- Site/civil experience on a variety of project sites including the ability to design and oversee site layout, grading, drainage, infrastructure, erosion and sediment control, etc. from concept through completion;
- Strong client development and client management abilities;
- Proficiency of AutoCAD or Civil 3D preferred;
- Active participation in professional organizations;
- Experience in technical and proposal writing;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Our Client offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Our Client is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Our client promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.