Senior Business Systems Analyst
Cayce, SC, Salt Lake City, UT, Richmond, VA, Akron, OH, Gastonia, NC Bacons Castle, VA 23883 US
Length: 15 months
Location: Local (hybrid – 1 week in office, 1 week remote). Open to candidates in Cayce, SC, Salt Lake City, UT, Richmond, VA, Akron, OH, Gastonia, NC - preference to candidates to who can report to DE offices. May consider 100% remote candidates
Quick description of the role or project story (What this role will be doing):
Team is seeking a Business Systems Analyst / Systems Analyst hybrid with strong analytical skills and attention to detail to provide support for our Power Generation, Energy Supply, Renewable Energy, and Fuels client teams. The successful candidate will be assigned to new system implementation projects, provide business project support, system upgrades, and maintenance support of existing systems. The ideal candidate will possess an excellent understanding of the BSA skillset and toolset and have a solid understanding of modern computing technologies. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the Systems Analyst skill set. The ability to effectively communicate (written, verbal, presentation) with internal business partners, IT personnel, and external service providers is critical to success in this role. The successful candidate will develop new and innovative processes to automate and reduce workload and add value to IT and our business areas.
• Act as a consultant to our internal business partners regarding technology and process solutions.
• Facilitate finding, developing, and implementing viable technology solutions for our business partners by working with teammates, IT groups within the company, external service providers, and business partners.
• Provide guidance to our internal business partners by knowing what software systems they have in place and determining what those systems may be capable of going forward.
• Interface with internal business partners, IT groups, and external service providers to implement new systems, modify existing systems, and provide system maintenance support.
• Facilitate and lead requirements workshops for large and/or complex projects.
• Functionally deconstruct, analyze, and document our internal business partners’ systems, problems, processes, and needs.
• Define business requirements and test cases using structured methodologies.
• Effectively lead documentation of business requirements, test cases, use cases, and design thinking exercises.
• Provide written and verbal updates on projects and solutions to IT and business management.
• Develop and deliver training on new or revised system functionality to raise awareness and educate users and support personnel.
• Provide application and system support for multiple systems used by our internal business partners.
• Provide support for projects and troubleshooting efforts.
• What are the top (at least 3 if possible) “must have” skill sets (technical/functional) which are required?
1. Structured, methodical BSA skillset (software system requirements gathering, workshop facilitation, documentation, testing)
2. Organization and documentation skills
3. Capability and willingness to learn rapidly, ask questions, and retain the information provided during the process.
• Are there any specific companies/industries or ideal background you’d like to see in the candidate’s experience?
- Experience in information Technology, a business/technology consulting firm, or a utility business group.
- IT experience in a large-scale environment, across multiple hardware and software platforms, or business unit experience that includes working closely with IT in the development and implementation of large-scale systems.
• What are the top “nice to have” skill sets?
1. Systems Analyst/technical skill set
• What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
1. Effective communication
2. Ability to work as part of a team, being led and leading
3. Workshop and problem solving facilitation with business unit client groups and IT teams.
• What education and certifications/licensures are required? Bachelors preferred – IT, Computer Science, Business, Economics, Engineering, open to other majors