Senior Accountant (2)
200 Mill Road Fairhaven, MA 02719 US
We are searching for a Senior Accountant to perform diversified duties in maintaining and providing accurate and timely financial statements, operating reports and tax returns for the various entities of our organization. Responsible for interpreting, applying and remaining current with generally accepted accounting principals in conformance with our Health System's accounting policies. Leadership Responsibilities: Provide functional and technical supervision of assigned department personnel, co-op students and assigned volunteers. In conjunction with the Accounting Manager, Incumbent is responsible for routine department operation including resolving various issues and problems within scope of own position responsibilities. Ability to review and interpret technical accounting issues and accounting treatments with staff accountants. Review and present financial statement information to managers, directors and VP's.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree including graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, business or finance is required.
- Incumbent must be able to demonstrate problem solving skills and the ability to follow up on outstanding issues timely.
- Analytical skills are essential.
- Duties require a working understanding of generally accepted accounting principals.
- Experience with MS Office products and automatic accounting systems modules preferred including: general ledger, payroll, supply chain, fixed assets and accounts payable.
- Advanced degree or professional designations may substitute for other requirements.
- Minimum 3+ years of related experience is required