500 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02199 US
The Security Analyst contractor, focused on our portfolio companies, will play a crucial role in assessing,
enhancing, and ensuring the cybersecurity maturity and program of the companies within our portfolio. This
position involves evaluating existing security measures, implementing improvements, and working closely with
portfolio company leadership to create a robust and effective security strategy.
• Security assessment: conduct comprehensive security assessments and audits of portfolio
companies to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and areas for improvement.
• Security strategy: collaborate with portfolio company management to develop and implement a
security strategy that aligns with business goals and industry best practices.
• Maturity assessment: evaluate the current security maturity level of portfolio companies, identify gaps,
and create a roadmap for improvement.
• Policy development: assist in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures,
and guidelines tailored to each portfolio company's unique needs.
• Incident response: develop and maintain incident response plans and provide guidance to portfolio
companies on effective incident management.
• Compliance and regulation: ensure portfolio companies' compliance with relevant industry regulations
and standards, as well as legal and contractual security requirements.
• Training and awareness: establish security awareness programs and provide training to portfolio
company employees to enhance cybersecurity knowledge and best practices.
• Risk management: identify, assess, and manage security risks within the portfolio, including third-
party vendor risks.
• Security technology: recommend and implement security technologies and tools as needed, in
collaboration with portfolio company IT teams.
• Performance monitoring: continuously monitor and measure the effectiveness of security controls and
make necessary adjustments to improve security postures.
• Reporting and communication: provide regular security status reports to executive management and
the board of directors.
• Security incident support: act as a point of contact during security incidents, offering guidance,
coordination, and expertise in response and recovery efforts.
Ideal Experience and Competencies
• 3-5 years of proven experience in cybersecurity, vendor management, security assessment, and risk
management; relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CompTIA Security+) preferred.
• Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles, best practices, and industry standards.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with stakeholders at all
• Project management skills to oversee security initiatives within the portfolio.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Knowledge of relevant regulations, such as GDPR and industry-specific standards.
• Prior experience in the private equity or investment industry is a plus.
At our company, we are committed to showing our deep appreciation for the hard work of our team. Perks include:
• Personal training sessions with our Director of Health & Fitness
• Beautiful office space in Fenway area with a state-of-the-art gym
• Lunch 3x/week, snacks, coffee and other beverages available to all employees
We are an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable
federal, state, and local fair employment practice laws. The Firm strictly prohibits and will not tolerate,
condone or allow discrimination or harassment with respect to any employee or applicant for
employment in matters of hiring, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, termination, compensation,
fringe benefits or other terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender (including sex stereotyping,
gender identity, gender dysphoria, gender expression, or transgender status), sexual orientation,
disability (including physical disability or mental disability), military or veteran status, familial status,
partnership status, or marital status, or any other status protected by relevant federal, state and local
laws. All employees are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination.