Scientist I/II, DMPK
561 Eccles Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Salary Range: 120-170K
- Seeking a talented individual to conduct evaluations of the ADME/PK properties of novel compounds.
- This Scientist position will have experience in DMPK (in vitro/in vivo) areas and is expected to work/solve problems independently
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform in vitro metabolism studies as required and participate in designing in vivo PK studies to support drug discovery
• Understand relationships between in vitro and in vivo ADME
• Identify metabolic hotspots in potential drug candidates
• Proficient in inter-species PK scaling approaches utilizing in vitro/in vivo data sets
• Ensure that the data generated and released are of high quality and present such data to discovery teams leading to decisions and project progressions
• Collect, analyze, summarize, upload to internal databases and report high quality data in a timely manner
• Identify, trouble-shoot and communicate on possible issues arising during data analysis
• Ability and willingness to mentor junior colleagues in ADME/PK techniques
• Have a good working knowledge of LC-MS/MS and allied analytical techniques to support in vitro studies
• Work with other project team members to facilitate identification of compounds with good DMPK properties. Teamwork is an essential component.
• PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related field
• 1 – 5 years of experience in DMPK/ADME in the pharmaceutical industry is desirable.
- Scientific knowledge of DMPK/ADME. Specific interest/knowledge in small molecule drug discovery
- Experience developing and running in vitro and/in vivo DMPK assays/studies are essential.
- Proficiency in preclinical formulation techniques is a plus.