Mt Pleasant, WI 53126 US
Full Time 90-110K
Location: Mt. Pleasant, WI USA
Safety Professional to join the Mission Critical team. The Safety Professional serves in a dual role; where the initial objective is to operate in a consultative capacity, by providing expert support, guidance, and motivation to operations management and employees at all levels. In addition, along with management, the Safety Professional is expected to be a “hands on” partner in delivering various safety initiatives and programs specifically to develop a safety culture supporting the goal and daily mission of Incident and Injury Free (“Nobody Gets Hurt”).
Your role will be to champion the Incident & Injury Free culture. Lead and coordinate safety initiatives and related programs for a geographic region. Drive the communication, planning, implementation, supervision, and measurement in compliance with corporate safety standards and procedures, OSHA and other federal and state regulations.
- Promote and be a steward of our organizations Incident and Injury Free (IIF) Culture and Core Values.
- Administer and provide updated recommendations to both Divisional and Regional Operations with regards to the Safety Management System, ensuring that rules and policies are in effect.
- Perform regular safety training sessions and hold toolbox talks with crews at show ups or on job sites.
- Conduct new employee safety orientations for multiple disciplines within the organization.
- Perform regular job site inspections/observations of all crews to identify unsafe conditions and unsafe work practices, documenting the visits in our LMS and forwarding to various management and administrative personnel.
- Coordinate supplemental inspections whenever new processes, equipment, or substances are introduced or new or previously unrecognized hazards are identified.
- Help complete project safety preplans and hazard analysis with managers, supervisors, and foremen for new jobs.
- Verify that corrective measures are completed in a timely fashion for any hazards identified.
- Assist in investigating injuries and illnesses to determine cause and take action(s) to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure compliance with the Hazards Communication Program, Emergency Action Plan, Fire Prevention Plan, Confined Space Entry Program, Trenching and Excavation Program, and any other programs required by OSHA and the Corporate Safety, Health and Environment Department.
- Submit weekly status reports to the Group Safety Manager and RSM specifying projects completed during the week.
- Ensure that adequate First Aid supplies and fire extinguishers are maintained on company vehicles and in local office facilities.
- Act as a liaison between our company and General and Subcontractors.
- Lead change in the safety culture to drive down injury rates and increase moral.
- Maintain PPE order forms and stock.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in an Occupational Safety and Health discipline (e.g. OS&H Management, Human Factors, Construction) from a four-year college or university; and/or;
- A minimum of 1-3 year’s direct experience in Construction Safety and Occupational Health disciplines.
- On the Job experience, professional certifications and a degree in Safety & Health will be considered for purposes of substituting for experience requirements.
- Knowledge of construction safety, current Federal, and OSHA requirements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and experience in Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (i.e., Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel).
- Must be eligible to be granted a security clearance if warranted.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Able to pass a background check for sensitive work functions at our nation’s airports, transportation systems and utility grid systems.
· 401K plan with matching contributions
· Competitive Salaries
· Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
· Health Wellness Programs
· Life and Disability Insurance