Revenue Recognition Manager, Sr.
15 Elizabeth Dr. Chelmsford, MA 01824 US
This hire will have great exposure to the organization’s leadership. Seeking a hire that can be a leader on the Accounting team. Must have the ability to partner and collaborate with various teams throughout the organization. This hire will be instrumental in overseeing the Revenue accounting close, maintaining technical accounting, and handling revenue issues.
- 5+ years of revenue recognition experience / ASC 606
- 5+ years managing – this hire will start with 2 direct reports and this will grow over time
- experience with process improvement initiatives
- hands on experience with month end close
- accounting degree
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Lead monthly and quarterly revenue accounting close process by managing a team of professionals and performing close-related tasks, including review of revenue journal entries, account reconciliations and supporting analysis, as well as other related procedures to ensure accounting accuracy.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on technical accounting matters related to revenue recognition (ASC 606).
- Effectively research technical accounting guidance and prepare technical accounting memoranda documenting conclusions related to complex revenue arrangements, including engineering services, product customization, as well as future new product and service offerings.
- Conduct review of new and existing customer contracts and transactions with non-standard terms and conditions, research and document accounting conclusions to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP.
- Ownership of worldwide revenue recognition to ensure GAAP compliance via partnering with International Accounting team leaders on analysis of complex revenue transactions to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with GAAP and, documenting related analysis and conclusions in technical accounting memoranda.
- Manage SSP and other revenue recognition related analysis.
- Assist with reviewing revenue recognition related matters in the course of M&A transactions, integrating revenue recognition accounting process and developing scalable revenue recognition model via partnering with cross functional teams to ensure compliance with GAAP and efficient revenue processes.
- Play instrumental role in developing Customer Contract Deal Desk process via partnering with Legal, Sales, and other cross functional teams.
- Review revenue-related financial statement disclosures and supporting SOX packages for future SEC reporting and related management review
- Perform and / or review key SOX controls and related documentation; participate and support other SOX initiatives, including controls rationalization and process documentation.
- Drive continuous process improvement and automation initiatives towards best-in-class efficiency and industry best practices
- Serve as a key contact on all revenue-related items during the annual audits and quarterly reviews, ensure timely and successful completion of audit-related deliverables.
- Participate in special projects or ad-hoc analysis in support of finance department and company initiatives
- Successfully coach, mentor, manage, lead and develop a team of accounting professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of revenue accounting experience
- Subject matter expert knowledge of ASC 606 and experience in reviewing and analyzing complex revenue recognition arrangements in accordance with applicable guidance
- Experience driving revenue recognition and scaling accounting processes in a high-growth environment
- A solutions-oriented team player and collaborator with strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership and team management skills with ability to lead the team and develop fellowship.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills, with a sharp focus on details
- Ability to effectively work with all levels within the organization and cross-functionally, including FP&A, Customer Care, Sales and Legal teams.
- Working knowledge of SOX