Midland, MI 48623 US
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as onsite Resident Engineer/Quality Assurance manager including inspection during the construction of dams, spillways, levees, embankments, temporary coffer dam systems, cut-off walls, structural concrete and gate/outlet structures for compliance with the project Quality Assurance and Quality Control Plan, contract plans, specifications, permits and other associated contract documents and requirements.
- Managing Engineer/QA staff including working with and communicating with teams and offering advice on day-to-day activities at the site.
- Anticipate obstacles and provide constructive support to address issues that may impact the project.
- Documenting and preparing reports on construction activities including keeping detailed field notes and logging activities daily. Prepare photographic logs of the progress of the construction, as well as track, organize, and update project documents.
- Develop daily and weekly construction reports
- Review Contractor RFIs
- Review Contractor Submittals
- Facilitate independent laboratory and field testing
- Review QC and QA Results and Reports developed by Contractor QC Manager
- Support development of design modifications/design change bulletins
- Review Record Drawings
- Perform constructability reviews
- Support cost estimating for design changes
- Communicate and coordinate with other project participants including Client,
- Support engineering and design teams as needed including, but not limited to, feasibility reviews of planning-level studies, constructability review of design plans and specifications, biddability review of contract documents, input to construction methods and sequencing, input to construction cost estimates and schedules, contractor prequalification and review of contractor bids.
- Experience with Procore software a plus
- B.S. in Civil or Construction Engineering or Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology
- 15+ years or more of Civil Engineering experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Construction Experience, with past 2 years in Resident Engineer role.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, team leadership, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong capability to work remotely and independently while maintaining productivity and motivation.
- Experience as site Superintendent or Site Safety and Health Officer a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel for extended field assignments.
- Willingness and ability to perform field tasks and oversight
- Proficiency in CSI MasterFormat for Specifications, and Construction Contract Administration methods.
- Experience on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) or US Army Corps of Engineer projects preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Office, MS Project, Primavera P6, Procore and other typical construction management related software.
- Working knowledge of the Critical Path Method/Critical Path Analysis
- Valid U.S. driver’s license