Remote Medical Director / Medical Science Director
1 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080 US
The Position Senior/Principal Medical Director/Medical Science Director USMA OMNI Neuroscience - Alzheimers Disease
The Principal/Senior Medical (Science) Director puts patients and science at the center of all actions. They drive medical tactics aimed at maximizing medical progress for patients. They collaborate to drive timely evidence generation and dissemination. They are expected to maintain an in-depth understanding of the medical strategy and relevant clinical and payer issues, while ensuring Genentech' s partners understand key trends and shifts in the external healthcare landscape. They serve as the guardian for high standards of compliance, ethics and safety. This position sits within a network of clinical and scientific experts in the USMA OMNI Neuroscience, and will focus primarily on evidence generation; however; the individual may also perform a variety of medical activities, as needed.
We are seeking a dynamic medical leader to join the US Medical Affairs network of scientists in the USMA/OMNI Alzheimers Disease (AD) medical team. The Senior/Principal Medical Director/Medical Science Director will play a key role in the teams efforts in evidence generation to help address the complex unmet needs of a variety of AD customers, such as healthcare practitioners, patients, caregivers, and payers.
This individual will contribute to the execution of the AD/gantenerumab evidence generation plan in preparation for the potential launch of gantenerumab in early AD. More specifically, this individual will lead the conceptualization, development and execution of certain prioritized studies (eg, phase 3b/4), and provide subject matter expertise in the conceptualization and interpretation of exploratory data analyses and in the development of real world studies (eg, observational studies/registry, health economic analysis). Finally, this individual will contribute to data publication on the assigned studies.
This position will also represent the AD/Gantenerumab US Medical function within cross-functional teams and initiatives, within the global organization, and in external customer-facing engagements. In addition to strong communication skills, this position requires the ability to effectively collaborate with fit-for-purpose teams in a matrix environment, flexibility in prioritizing work, sense of urgency/bias towards action, and a mindset to engage in purposeful partnerships to solve complex multi-disciplinary challenges.
- Plays a key role in the execution of the evidence generation plan and related deliverables with a sense of urgency.
- Represents the AD/gantenerumab USMA team and collaborates with internal partners (eg, AD Squad, E4A, Product Development Neuroscience, Gantenerumab Life Cycle Team, AD iSquad) in the assigned projects/studies.
- Represents the AD/gantenerumab USMA team and collaborates with a variety of external partners and stakeholders, such as therapeutic area experts (TAEs), clinicians, scientists and investigators.
- Collaborates with the AD/gantenerumab data communication and education team to coordinate data dissemination.
- Develops and delivers compelling presentations, both internally and externally, to convey the strategic alignment and medical impact of assigned studies/projects. Includes presenting at advisory boards and other relevant external forums.
- Track record on identifying innovative ways generate evidence from data gap identification to study execution (eg, decrease patient and care partner burden in trial participation, use of digital/remove technologies).
Qualification, Experience, and Skills
M.D., PhD, or PharmD 6 or more years pharma/biotech industry experience 4 or more years of experience with evidence generation. Experience or relevant knowledge of pre-approval drug development trials and/or post-marketing medical evidence generation, including expertise in controlled and observational study designs, data analysis, and clinical/health economic interpretations
Ability to translate strategies into an actionable evidence generation plan to address needs of the complex and extensive AD customer segments, from patients and caregiver to healthcare professionals and payers. Understanding of the US health care environment including the payer landscape, evidence-based medicine tools and practices, and health technology assessments
Ability to navigate complex and challenging situations and flex and thrive in an ambiguous environment.
Familiar with competitive activity in the AD field.