Project Manager of Design & Construction
520 Eighth Avenue , 5th Floor New York, NY 10018 US
· Provide project management assistance: organize meetings, prepare agenda, draft minutes, maintain electronic filings, review and process consultant invoices, maintain email correspondence.
· Provide assistance during construction phase: monitor RFI, submittals, drawing revisions, review Change Order requests, monitor project schedule, oversee design team performance, oversee architects punchlist preparation and GC remediation efforts.
· Assist with site analysis including due diligence on potential partners, evaluation of zoning requirements, site research.
· Review A/E consultant drawings and specifications for compliance with NYC, NYS and Federal housing requirements, review projects for compliance with Design Guidelines (quality control of affordable senior housing functions plus M&O).
· Provide assistance with regulatory matters: review Building Department forms, obtain required signatures, liaison with Asset Manager on building violations and filings.
· Coordinate with IT and furniture vendors as new construction projects near occupancy including site access, proposal scope review, payments, installation and punch list.
· Observe active construction activities for progress and work quality (1 visit per week via subway/LIRR); attend site meeting, observe construction quality, prepare internal memorandum on project progress.
Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in architecture or engineering required; Master’s and LEED AP, WELL, CPH, credentials are a plus
· Minimum 3 years of FT post-college experience in a similar role, preferably in the multifamily housing field
· Candidate must be self motivated and able to multi-task
· Strong ability to read construction documents/shop drawings; familiarity with engineering and architectural terms and scopes; understanding of construction methods and practices
· Expertise with Microsoft Suite (Excel, Project, Adobe, Word); must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally
· Familiarity with construction management software (Procore, Submittal Exchange)
Working Conditions/Physical Demand:
Hybrid work model including work from home, work in field on sites and work in business office environment with phone and computer use. Field work includes walking through buildings and grounds, including accessing roofs, basements and crawl spaces, including ability to navigate stairs. Construction observation work at active construction sites, including ability to climb stairs at properties without a construction hoist.