The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Project Manager 2
Lake Mary, FL 32746 US
Posted: 03/23/2023 2023-03-23 2023-04-27 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Project Management Job Number: 549444 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- This position has single point accountability or can possibly be under the general direction of a Project Director or Senior PM or Manager of Project Management.
- The Project Manager II (PM-II) position is responsible for the management, or the assistance of managing, all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- These projects are typically between $5M and $50M with a Low to Moderate level of complexity which may impact the facility or department level within the Company as well as some Senior Management and/or External Agencies.
- The PM-II serves as the unifying agent providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of The Company.
- This position is considered a leadership position; minimum qualifications must be met to be placed within this position.
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business need.
- Provides leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.).
- The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
- Structures, leads, and/or assists in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management ( monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status. Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards.
- Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
- Drives the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, and integration processes.
- This includes project planning and execution activities like scope definition, detailed design, construction, start-up and commissioning, turnover to operations, and warranty management.
- Includes objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out.
- Bachelors degree.
- In addition to required degree, 5 years related work experience executing Transmission and/or Distribution projects.
- In lieu of Bachelors degree(s) AND 5 year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 9 year(s) related work experience executing Transmission and/or Distribution projects.
- Masters degree in project management or
- Masters degree in business administration or
- Bachelors degree in civil engineering or
- Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience managing Transmission and Distribution Projects as Project Manager
- 5+ years of experience engineering, building, and/or maintaining Transmission systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of high voltage substation equipment, protection and control, SCADA, and transmission lines;
- Good knowledge of project cost management and reporting