The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Project Controls Specialist II (Cost)
Raleigh, NC 27601 US
Posted: 03/20/2023 2023-03-20 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Engineering Job Number: 547347 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- This individual will be expected to work with a small team of Project Controls Analysts and Schedulers.
- This position will perform cost analysis, forecasting and reporting for a portfolio of projects budgeted anywhere from $10M to $20M annual spend, comparing monthly actuals to the project baseline, identifying variances, while simultaneously monitoring the projects’ baseline plans and the fiscal budget.
- This position will work in partnership with a more experienced Project Controls lead.
- This work will require advanced Excel skills because all cost workbooks and reporting are based in Excel.
- A basic understanding of budgets, direct and indirect labor charges, accruals, overheads, amortization, allocations are a critical knowledge requirement.
- The individual selected for this role must have strong technical skills and the proven ability to integrate large amounts of data from multiple databases or systems.
- Proven ability to analyze data is required.
- This is the intermediate level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level are responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments with general oversight.
- Workers effectively apply fundamental project controls principles and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied.
- They have an understanding of associated project controls software.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of project controls principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, spreadsheets; proven collaborative team member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university -business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, MS Office Suite, Prolog, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- The Project Controls Specialist II may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations.
- Project teams of external Suppliers Vendors.