Project Bridge Engineer
Worthington, OH 43085 US
- Provide design services across a variety of practices as part of a diverse design team.
- Lead / help design bridge projects in OH as well as other states with a broad array of sizes (including design submissions).
- Perform structural analysis and/or design of Bridges (Highway and Railroad), Culverts, Retaining Walls, and Overhead Sign Structures on various bridge replacement/rehabilitation projects, highway improvement projects and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Coordinate / work with internal staff to perform design calculations, plan preparation, quantity calculations, necessary field work, and submission to a variety of clients.
- Utilize a variety of tools to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Work with internal staff when participating in current bridge inspection initiatives to ensure NBIS compliance; this also includes technical writing to complete inspector reports and other engineering documentation.
- Mentor less-experienced staff, and assist project staff for a variety of projects (as needed).
- Assist with scheduling / budgeting projects.
- Assist with the writing of proposals.
- Additional tasks may be assigned, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- At least 7 years of professional experience working in Civil Engineering (preferably with Transportation / Bridge Design projects).
- P.E. license is strongly preferred!
- Successful completion of FHWA-NHI-13005 (Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges) is a plus!
- Experience working with a variety of bridge design & inspection projects.
- Deep knowledge / expertise with ODOT design criteria; experience with leading design submissions for DOT projects is a plus!
- Proven ability to contribute to plan preparation on all phases of an engineering design project while utilizing advanced engineering principles.
- Proficiency with engineering tools (e.g.: CADD, BIM, BrIM, etc.); experience with AutoCAD and/or Bentley MicroStation is a plus!
- Knowledge and experience with structural analysis software such as STAAD, LEAP Bridge, LEAP Concrete, AASHTOWare BrR, BRASS, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently to solve engineering design issues as well as providing justification for corresponding work changes.
- Adaptable approach to learn and apply new skills effectively.
- Proactive ability to investigate / seize opportunities to improve work products (especially with a corresponding sense of pride and ownership in your work!).
- Ability to establish credibility in the field via professional organizations and other networking opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).