Production Designer - Design Systems
8550 Higuera St Culver City, CA 90232 US
Planet Technology is seeking a Product Designer of Design Systems to focus on standards and consistency across products and services for developers and content partners. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining design systems, and helping product designers in applying them across apps and services to create a suite of elegant provider products. The position requires working across different teams to create consensus and provide deliverables under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as coolness under pressure, problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change.
- Work across content to identify emerging trends, and turn them into reusable patterns.
- Develop and maintain a pattern library and documentation.
- Advocate for UI standards and accessibility with designers, engineers, and stakeholders.
- Spot opportunities to apply standards to new features, but know and support when it's time for the playbook to evolve.
- Identify new design trends emerging in the design community, and find significant ways to incorporate them into brand design language.
- Contribute to a design system, providing detailed specs, logic and rules for a variety of use cases.
- Comfortable working with stakeholders to ensure ideas are expressed appropriately.
- Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and be able to work within project parameters.
- Have a deep understanding of the the target customers.
- Attend product meetings and have a granular understanding of the company’s goals.
- Participate in QA as it pertains to content, file bugs as necessary.
- Work closely with:
- The Design team, to solve UI challenges in response to product requirements
- The Engineering team to assure design quality by auditing implementation during development, upholding brand design principles that form the foundation of products
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work
- Experience in unifying and maintaining a UI and UX design across multiple teams with differing goals and priorities—including developing, maintaining, documenting, and gaining adoption of pattern libraries.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience working on responsive web apps, and designing for iOS is highly desired
- Exceptional attention to detail • Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working in rapid iteration
- Extraordinary ability to advocate for UI consistency with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and presentations
- Documenting interaction details, visual design specifications and QA of the implemented product
- Familiarity with accessibility standards, inclusive design practices, and accessibility features on operating systems
- Fluent in Sketch
- Prototyping skills are a plus