25 Hub Drive Huntingtn Sta, NY 11747 US
- The Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for leading the project controls processes with the internal project management team to execute project deliverables within budget. Develop and oversee the schedule management of complex gas construction projects.
- Utilizing Primavera P6, The Project Controls Specialist will report on budgets, monitor, maintain, update, and apply project controls techniques to ensure scope, schedule, and budget adherence throughout the Network Development Process.
- Provides analysis and recommendations to drive and support project goals and positively influence project direction; performs cost and schedule forecasting, Contractor schedule analysis to detect and identify contractor slippage, monitoring and control activities including the preparation of schedule and cost performance and productivity reports, analysis of supporting data, variance reporting and special studies; and evaluates and reports the impact of scope changes and/or productivity changes and recommends corrective actions.
- Accountable for building and developing project schedules across a portfolio. The schedules will be built using the agreed work breakdown structure to support Engineers, Project Development, Project Managers, and Resource Planning.
- Progress each project every month to ensure all projects are monitored for project controls in line with the monthly reporting cycle, checking accuracy, quality and consistency of data, as well as supporting the end of year reconciliation process.
- Accountable for using the schedule and forecast to review the project cost/schedule integration throughout the Network Development Process.
- Accountable for ensuring schedule data is accurate to allow Project Controls to report milestones, planned value and earned value data, % completed on projects and project commentaries.
- Provide expert technical input and define policy as to the best way of using the primavera tool to model projects e.g. interface milestones or links between activities, portfolio views etc.
- Oversee and support the activities of other team members, providing advice and coaching as necessary.
- Lead Project Controls team in training, development, and quality control/ quality assurance efforts.
- Represent the Project Controls team as a subject matter expert.
- Develop and refine new processes and procedures to ensure good schedule health and Dashboard reporting.
- Assists Project Managers with evaluations and refinement of project cost, cash flows and budgets throughout the projects life cycle by assessing and communicating status, variances, trends and actuals.
- Utilizes information such as bids, project scope changes/change control board, invoices, internal and external labor / contractors, material and equipment to perform monthly project forecasting.
- Provides detailed project and program management cost analysis reports to Project Managers, Engineering, Resource Planning and key stakeholders
- Evaluates and reports the cost impact from scope changes and/or productivity changes and recommends corrective actions, as necessary.
- Analyzes project estimates and actuals to establish accurate historical project data for future use.
- Possess strong analytical skills for evaluation of estimates, budgets, cash flows, plans and schedules to effectively monitor, manage and control schedule and cost.
- Sound knowledge of cost and schedule specification integration and interrelation
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports using written, oral or graphical means
- Wide-ranging experience using multiple project management information systems applications and software including Microsoft Office Suite, Power BI, Adobe Acrobat, Oracle Unifier, Oracle EBS, and SAP.
- 7+ years experience in project management, construction, project controls work on engineering and construction projects, including planning, estimating, forecasting, scheduling, cost control, schedule control, and project reports.
- A Bachelors degree or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience.
- Considerable proven experience and expert knowledge in schedule development and analysis including milestone management, critical path analysis, understanding of float and time risk allowance and earned value methodologies.
- Expert using Power BI and Primavera P6 to create project schedules, dashboard, contractor claim analysis, and progress them using a pre-defined work breakdown structure, to optimize the performance of a portfolio of projects and familiar with the issues that arise on projects and how to overcome them.
- Expert understanding of how individual projects interact with each other as a result of the Company outage plans.
- Responsible for schedule management, earned value management and cost management.
- Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
- Analyze data; review logs; and run reports in Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager software.
- Manage the internal Change Management System.
- Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in Oracle Primavera 6. Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
- Develop and present earned value tracking document.
- Manage integrated data from one program to another.
- Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.