3014 S Sam Houston Pkwy E Houston, TX 77047 US
- HS diploma
- 5 years of experience processing payroll
-Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience with Vista Viewpoint, Oracle or other large software vendors?
This position compiles and records employee time and payroll data to maintain payroll records. The Senior Payroll Assistant also computes and posts wages and deductions as well as prepares paychecks. All other duties as assigned.
- Leads the bi-weekly payroll process
- Cost payroll and reconcile gross to net reports to system generated journal entry.
- Reconcile and submit payments for employee reductions, withholdings, and employer liabilities (401(k), benefits, payroll taxes, etc.).
- Import labor hours from timecard system.
- Enter non-recurring earnings elements (bonus, severance, etc.).
- Lead printing and remitting direct deposit files to bank.
- Compile and present status reports to leadership.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to department. Mentor and guide less experienced team members.
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- Responsible for effective communication with project team members and stakeholders.