5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry, VA 23883 US
Planners will work closely with the Outage Manager, Capital Projects, Power Generation Engineering, Power Generation's Station Operating and Maintenance groups and Station Management to plan station Outages.
- Implements Power Generation's Outage Management Processes at assigned facilities, applying comprehensive knowledge and understanding of defined roles and key measurements to plan, coordinate, analyze and report on Outages in a manner which effectively utilizes staffing, materials and equipment to ensure optimum availability, compliance with regulatory and company policies, productivity and safe operating performance.
- Works closely with the Power Generation Outage Manager to develop the Outage plan to ensure quality expectations are met, actions required to be performed are achieved within company expectations, and that schedules are completed on time and safely. Ensures the planning/scheduling of Outage SAP Orders remains current.
- Develops Outage work scopes. Plans and coordinates contractor Outage activities. Reviews compliance with preventive maintenance schedules, plans job steps for work execution in SAP and utilizes applicable permits in the planning process, using correct account coding. Tracks purchase requisitions and deliveries, as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance technical information and manuals are up-dated and available, applying knowledge of resource availability to foster efficiency and safety during the Outage.
- Conducts job walk downs prior to schedule development. Verifies the availability of parts and tools for emergent requests.
- Accountable for meeting plant safety goals and various other requirements to include training, obtaining work permits, conducting critical inspections, job observations, housekeeping, reporting hazards or other issues.
- Conducts daily pre-/post- Outage meetings, when required, and prepares detailed weekly, monthly and end of Outage reports.
- Supports Work Order/Work Notification (WO/WN) closeout and history documentation.
- Supports Outage logistic requirements.
- Makes recommendations and procures equipment, material and services per plant specifications and procedures. Manages maintenance material, receiving and staging for Outages to ensure schedule is maintained.
- Provides input into the development of detailed schedules for Outages and is familiar, at a minimum, with software used for scheduling of scope for Outages.
- Assists in developing 5-year Outage plans, and scheduling and tracking goals during Outages. Assists in preparing annual budgets and spending forecasts.
- Develops recommendations to improve Outage schedules and Outage
- Planning Standards. Meet with craft and supervisors, as needed, to ensure that requirements and work needs are being addressed.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
Specific Skills Needed:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Plant Asset Management (PAMS)
- Good Safety practices over the course of his/her career
- Good Environmental stewardship. Knowledge of environmental laws, ability to develop environmental analysis forms and interface with the Station's Environmental Compliance Coordinator (ECC) to address concerns and risks.
- Working knowledge of the Outage planning process, Outage standards and understanding of the Outage Management Process. Ability to thoroughly plan and schedule Outage SAP work orders.
- Have a working knowledge of construction and operational field work practices, safety, environmental stewardship, equipment utilization and work component scheduling.
- Knowledge and experience with project scope development and the vendor bidding process.
- Knowledge and experience working directly with contracts and contractors.
- Working knowledge of Supply Chain Management (SCM) procedures and procurement process.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Have the ability to work effectively with management and peers to make effective decisions.
- Skilled in leading and fostering cooperation without formal authority.
- Detail-oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Skilled in use of a personal computer, to include reasonable experience with the Microsoft Office fleet of software (i.e. MS Excel, MS Access, MS
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate P&ID's, and pipe and equipment specifications. Additionally, skilled in reading and interpreting manuals,
- technical instructions and drawings with the ability to accurately prepare brief written reports.
- Skilled in problem solving acute attention to detail. Skilled in the comparison of construction specifications and material requirements to physical and
- material work products.
- Ability to analyze events to develop recommendations and methods for improvement.
- Have skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work to meet Outage and construction deadlines.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
Preferred Years of Experience:
- 4+ years experience in Outage Management/Planning
- Must have experience in the commercial nuclear business and have worked a prior outage