ORCL/PeopleSoft Systems Analyst
664 Churchmans Road Newark, DE 19702 US
Salary: $100K-$120K. Flexibility for a bit more for the right candidate
Hours: M-F 8-4:30
Location: 664 Churchmans Road, Newark Delaware 19702
onsite 3 days a week. No flexibility on this
1st round - video call with hiring manager
2nd round - video call with team members or onsite interview for stronger candidates
Con call: 7/13 with Rashard
Currently no one in the mix
Looking for 3 senior systems analysts/system analysts. Manager got promoted, one person from the team left and another one retired so these events created the need for 3 hires. The team has room for 5, and there is only 2 people staffed right now.
Candidate will be joining the business applications team. The 2 main applications this candidate/team support are Peoplesoft and Oracle CCNB (customer care and billing). These 2 applications support the entire organization.
Candidate will be supporting these apps, working on upgrades, patches - basically be hands on all phases of the app lifecycle.
Candidate will be troubleshooting these apps, supporting internal vendors, writing SQL queries for reporting purposes, and handling tickets as they come (they user service desk as their ticketing system)
The preference is to hire 3 senior systems analysts, but manager is open to seeing resumes that arent senior as long as they have the Peoplesoft and Oracle CCNB experience.
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Peoplesoft and/or Oracle CCNB. Strong preference for candidates that have experience with both, but open to sending candidates that only have experience with one
- Experience in all phases of business applications lifecycle
- SQL experience - must be able to design and write SQL queries for reporting and troubleshooting purposes
- Strong communication skills
- bachelor's degree
This position administers, develops, and implements procedures for ensuring the integrity of business applications. Assesses, recommends, and implements systems and enhancements or patches. Resolves configuration, performance, capacity, and other system related issues. Recommends, evaluates, plans, and executes projects to enhance business processes and the overall IT environment. Offers and implements solutions to complex problems or reporting requirements.
- Administer, Maintain, and Troubleshoot Business Applications
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the functionality of, and the ability to administer and troubleshoot across a portfolio of business applications.
- Anticipate, respond to, and identify business needs, recommending, designing, implementing, and enhancing business processes and transaction processing across business applications.
- Drafts, analyzes, and implements applications, related business rules, business process flows, information flow diagrams, functional and technical specifications, configuration, batch processing, issue remediation, and enhancements
- Designs and writes reports, SQL queries, and PL/SQL programs to facilitate reporting, application troubleshooting, and application enhancements.
- Provides guidance to and assists others in the administration, troubleshooting, and use of business applications. Provides functional consulting to end-users
- Develop, implement, and administer software, tools, and procedures to monitor, alert, report on, and remediate issues within business applications
- Plan and execute corrective efforts to prevent and correct security vulnerabilities within the business applications
- Plans and executes projects to upgrade existing applications to maintain vendor support
- Provide on-call 24/7 incident management support related to processing of the production environment, directing workflow and escalating issues where appropriate
- Plans and Develops the Application Roadmap, Project Schedule, & Annual Budget
- Assures the development of, and adherence to, a roadmap and lifecycle for the business application portfolio
- Propose and execute projects and priorities according to strategic and tactical imperatives
- Recommends and meets documented project goals, outcomes, requirements, timelines, tasks, and cost to complete
- Submits expenses and capital expenditures for budget approval. Adheres to approved budgets.
- Assure Compliance with Policies and Practices
- Ensure compliance with policies, guidelines, procedures, and regulations
- Drafts, recommends enhancements to, implements, monitors, and adheres to department and company policies, controls, and working practices. Considers policy, security, and risk management impact when performing assigned duties
- Reviews business processes, consulting with business users to assist in identification of technology related business process improvement efforts. Suggests, assists in design of, and implements enhancements to business processes utilizing new or existing technology.
- Assures the Department’s Risk is Managed and Minimized
- Ensure adherence with contractual obligations, licensing terms, manufacturer requirements, and best practices based on published authoritative guidance
- During contract discussions, negotiate favorable business terms on behalf of the company
- Assure that proper records and documents are created, maintained, and recoverable
- Meet with vendors & advisory services to canvass suitable capabilities at competitive rates
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline from an accredited college or university, with minimum five years experience in systems administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience (utilities experience preferred). Knowledgeable in Linux, Windows OS, Oracle Database, Microsoft SQL Database, SQL, PL/SQL, background administering billing and/or accounting applications.
- Designing, implementing, and administering of all aspects of a business applications through their lifecycle
- Working with team members executing complex initiatives
- Ensuring compliance with policies, business requirements, licensing, and contracts
- Providing functional consulting related to use of technology in business processes
- Self-managing required tasks (planning, budgeting, risk, workflow)
- Time and risk management/prioritization
- Independent production
- Complex research, problem solving & analysis
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication with management
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing
- Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management
- PeopleSoft Financials
- ESRI GIS
- Infor EAM
- IBM Cognos
- Automic Automation Engine