Mechanical CAD Technician
9400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
Our Client is considered the leading consultant in the aircraft fueling industry. We are engaged in high visibility projects both large and small at major airports and military facilities worldwide. Additionally, the fueling department executes projects for major oil companies and other industrial clients, including pipeline terminals and truck loading facilities.
- The Mechanical CAD Technician will assist technical teams of detailers, designers and engineers to create world class detail on a variety of projects.
- This position will assist in developing computer-aided drafting design solutions.
- Prepare new drawings and revise existing engineering drawings of basic components from specific sketches or layouts.
- Responsible for adhering to company and client drafting standards and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to the drafting practices of selected discipline.
- Assist in drafting design and documentation for various projects.
- Assist with tasks utilizing standard drafting detail programs.
- Assist in continuous drafting detail improvement efforts.
- Research solutions to project concerns and present solutions to design problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification or 1-year relevant drafting experience.
- Associate' s degree or bachelor' s degree in computer aided drafting/design preferred.
- Basic knowledge of commands in at least one CAD program; ability to occasionally use higher-level commands, time saving programs and routines.
- Basic knowledge and experience in multiple CAD systems preferred (including 3D and BIM).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Ability to meet deadlines and budget.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.