LIMS Field Service Engineer
230 N 1200 E Ste 202 Lehi, UT 84043 US
LIMS Platform Provider seeks a full-time remote LIMS Field Service Engineer located in or around Texas or Utah but will also consider California or the Northeast. This requires experience within scripting (SQL or Powershell), Windows Administration, lab technology and/or LIMS, hands-on systems installations, and business analysis to include user facing and documentation capabilities. Additionally, this client requires a long-term employment history and will not consider otherwise. This individual will liaise between customers and developers, while performing hands-on client installations and upgrades to include all business analysis. Opportunity offers competitive compensation, unlimited PTO, and remote work with some travel, within a profitable and growing organization. This opportunity requires this individual to reside in one of the areas mentioned above and to travel occasionally.
- Unlimited PTO
- 10% Annual Performance-Based Bonus
- 401K with 5% match after 90 days
- Full Health Benefits
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Remote opportunity, with some travel: Varying based on client onsite requirements. Usually less than 25%, but occasionally can be greater, up to 50% +; other times 0%.
- Working for a profitable and growing commercial LIMS platform provider.
- Ability to grow within the organization while managing your own business and building and guiding your own career path. Growth opportunities include potential growth into a Senior, Team Lead and Manager based on individual goals.
- Performing hands-on systems installations through the utilization of SQL (with ideally scripting) or Bash/PowerShell, and with a proven history in performing hands-on installations and systems administration tasks.
- Providing LIMS customer support based on solutions designed within the areas of Customer Permissions, Workflows, Sample Points, Login/Results Templates, Analysis, Reporting, Violation Handling, COAs, Inventory, QA/QC Batch Templates, and Instrument Interfacing.
- Liaising between customers and developers for LIMS installations and upgrade projects performing both hands-on technical administration and customer-facing analysis.
- Performing business analysis to include requirements gathering, workflow creation, user stories and other documentation.
- Translating client needs for the development team, ensuring a solution based on individual customer needs and out-of-the-box LIMS functionality is created and implemented accordingly.
- Assisting on existing customer upgrades by training personnel on new features, performing upgrades, ensuring systems are utilized to the utmost capacity, and more.
- Providing customer support based on ticketing system, while escalating as needed to advanced assistance if required.
- Providing customer training sessions after installation and upgrades for various modules and features.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and US Citizen/Green Card Holder; located in or near UT or TX but will also consider CA and the Northeast.
- Hands-on system deployment of SQL Server or virtual machines (must have done prior).
- Prior Windows System Administrative expertise required.
- Excel VBA Macro Development, SQL, PowerShell, or other Windows based automation/scripting.
- 3+ years of LIMS expertise performing business analysis and hands-on administration and configuration experience within: Customer Permissions, Workflows, Sample Points, Login/Results Templates, Analysis, Reporting, Violation Handling, COAs, Inventory, QA/QC Batch Templates, and Instrument Interfacing.
- Laboratory background with extensive lab workflow expertise required.