Instructional Designer (Training Specialist III)
76 S Main St Akron, OH 44308 US
We are looking for ideas-driven instructional designers/developers with a teaching or training background and are passionate about designing/developing high-quality curriculums and courses.
Instructional designers/developers can expect to work with subject matter experts (S.M.E.), a diverse range of templates, and multimedia production platforms. Other responsibilities include developing objectives, rewriting, and reshaping content, and developing assessments.
Successful instructional designers/developers should have a firm grasp of how people learn and excellent web design, writing, communication, and collaboration skills. Ideally, the perfect candidate should also have experience managing projects and a working knowledge of basic graphic design.
Instructional Designer/Developer - Responsibilities
- Incorporate the Systematic Approach to Training (also known as A.D.D.I.E.) during the creation and evaluation of curriculum/course outcomes
- Perform needs and task analysis
- Co-labor with subject matter experts (S.M.E.) to achieve training deliverables
- Designing/developing course outcomes from start to finish
- Ensuring curriculum/course content is aligned with agreed-upon objectives
- Structure training content and associated activities to promote an atmosphere of high-level learning
Instructional Designers/Developers Requirements
- The candidate should have a bachelors degree in instructional design or educational design, with at least four (4) years of work experience as an instructional designer/developer of training curriculum/courses.
- In place of a bachelors degree, the candidate should have a minimum of eight (8) years as an instructional designer/developer of training curriculum/courses.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Articulate 360, Snagit, Camtasia, and Adobe Creative Cloud