Industrial Assembly Mechanic
150 Innovation Dr # D Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 US
Industrial Assembly Mechanic with Ship Receiving Responsibilities
We are a high-tech manufacturing company that is a global supplier to the aerospace industry for machine tools and equipment. We are seeking an entry-level Assembly Mechanic that will include Shipping and Receiving duties located in Elk Grove Village, IL. The primary responsibility of the role is to perform work in the assembly of industrial manufacturing equipment.
The Assembly Mechanic is responsible for working as part of the manufacturing team in the assembly of mechanical components and sub-assemblies in a safe, consistent, and high-quality manner. Additionally, this position will require attending to shipping and receiving duties. This will consist of receiving of packages, loading/unload of materials from trucks, preparing packages for shipping and placing product in inventory.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and 1-3 years of related work experience in an industrial environment
Position duties include, but not limited to the following:
- Assembly activity utilizes a variety of shop equipment, hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring equipment such as dial indicators, calipers, and micrometers to obtain proper build requirements
- Works from assembly drawings, worksheets, parts lists, test specifications, and other instructions, both written and oral
- Maintains dimensional accuracy on assemblies using torque wrenches, fixtures, tooling, and gauging.
- Positively contributes to the teamwork environment in terms of productivity, initiative, cooperation, data collection, and attitude.
- Supporting the Shipping and Receiving department
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in utilizing basic hand tools and precision assembly tools such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, torque wrenches, gauges in an industrial environment
- Ability to read and interpret structural and detailed blueprints/drawings
- Ability to identify and provide productive feedback and solutions when issues arise during the assembly and test phases
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Vocational degree/certification in related field of study
- Basic knowledge of fabrication methods
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a high degree of mechanical aptitude
- Works well in a team setting and can effectively multi-task on simultaneous projects. Must also be able to work independently and stay task-oriented
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment with fixed project deadlines
- Competitive hourly wage plus overtime
- Dollar for Dollar 401(k) company match, up to 6%
- 100% paid healthcare premiums (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability plan & group life insurance program
- Three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) plus ten paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
- International travel opportunities (Germany)