The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Health & Safety Specialist III - Nuclear
13225 Hagers Ferry Road Huntersville, NC 28078 US
Posted: 05/30/2023 2023-05-30 2023-07-05 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Construction Management Job Number: 568330 Country: United States Is job remote?: No
- This position serves as an Owner representative, who is responsible for basic technical work in a wide range of health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organizations H&S standards and with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Works under general supervision and often self-directed.
- Monitors and observes work activity and provides technical and intervention direction to enable the prevention and control of H&S incidents and hazards.
- Recommends improvements in basic processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazard potential.
- Maintains current knowledge of specific requirements imposed by governmental agencies and internal programs, procedures and processes.
- May provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel working on environmental, health or safety programs.
- Tenaciously assist work teams and vendors in resolving concerns and compliance deficiencies.
- Know the respective H&S contractual requirements to ensure full understanding of expectations.
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained through the identification and correction of H&S-related hazards and risks.
- Perform daily / routine field observations to identify unsafe conditions and at-risk behaviors, and environmental issues.
- If applicable, interface with site Health & Safety professionals to integrate and discuss H&S issues and resolve related questions.
- Interface with contractor safety representatives, site H&S professionals and project/contract manager(s) to correct deficiencies and resolve issues.
- Attend and participate in project/outage meetings, Pre-Job Briefings and any other meetings required by the Outage/ Project manager to communicate concerns and trends, as directed. Perform incident trend analysis and develop safety/health improvement initiatives.
- Administer and facilitate enforcement of safety initiatives.
- Ensure communication delivery to project/ outage work teams by following up with the outage/ project manager and appropriate personnel.
- Site safety inspections shall also include observations for environmental issues such as container labeling/control, potential refueling spills, hazardous materials, etc. Note: if unsure of an environmental issue, contact the site environmental coordinator who will investigate the environmental issue(s).
- Provide routine updates of H&S issues to the site H&S contacts.
- Participate in incident investigations as necessary.
- Assist with or provide training to contractors as needed for various health and safety topics including site orientation.
- Assist with improving outage/ project safety/ health, and help provide a safe work environment for all employees,
- Primarily monitor safety/ health in all phases of project.
- Communicate with all project/ outage employees regarding job safety/ health and where applicable, environmental compliance.
- Notify appropriate project lead personnel to facilitate correction of any deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Report all findings to the respective contracting firm management, site H&S/ EHS contacts, and copy the Outage/ Project manager.
- Have a working knowledge of basic environmental requirements to identify non-compliance issues.
- Report H&S contractor incidents to Outage/ Project Manager, and site H&S/ EHS contacts. Immediately notify the Outage/ Project Manager, and site H&S/ EHS contacts of incidents of potential asbestos, or lead-containing materials encountered by employees
- Generate Nuclear Condition Report for any identified H&S/ EHS issues and resolutions.
- Document observed unsafe behavior or conditions (and safe behavior).
- 10+ years discipline experience.