HR Compliance Manager
815 Enterprise Blvd Ste 100 Allen, TX 75013 US
As an HR Compliance Manager, you’ll play a vital role for our HR team in ensuring that our organization complies with all labor laws, regulations, and internal policies. With a focus on managing HR compliance activities for the United States and Canada, you should have a strong understanding of the compliance laws in at least one of the countries, with preference for knowledge of both.
This role will report directly to the Vice President of Human Resources for North & South America.
Ideally looking for someone with a strong background in compliance, mergers & acquisitions, developing policies & procedures, and project management.
Ideally, this candidate should also be able to demonstrate exceptional change management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders effectively.
Policy Alignment and Creation
- Ensure alignment and creation of HR policies for various areas, examples such as vacation/personal/sick time, salaried weekend pay, time system rounding rules, vehicle policy and management, disciplinary action policy, attendance policy, benefits and payroll alignment, and more.
- Stay abreast of changes in labor laws and regulations to ensure policies are compliant and effective.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop, review, and finalize policies, ensuring consistency and adherence to legal requirements.
- Serve as the owner of legal and compliance requirements for HR across the United States and Canada.
- Manage HR compliance training initiatives, ensuring employees are educated on legal obligations and company policies.
- Oversee documentation related to employment eligibility and other compliance-related records.
- HR Owner for GDPR and other legal requirements that impact HR practices across US & Canada
- Establish and maintain relationships with external labor law firms, in partnership with legal, to ensure access to legal expertise and guidance.
- Serve as a resource for local HR teams, offering guidance on compliance-related matters and best practices.
- Conduct HR due diligence for all M&As involving US or Canadian employees.
- Lead the integration process post-acquisition, including the smooth transition of HR Link, Payroll, and Benefits.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure compliance with legal and HR requirements during M&A activities
- Provide HR support to entities (primarily acquisitions) without HR Managers or those requiring additional assistance.
- Ensure compliance during termination and reduction activities, including the creation of policies and best practices, standard severance terms including outplacement services
- Align DEI strategies across the United States and Canada to promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Foster the development of strategies and programs for the country/region to promote employee engagement and retention.
- Lead and coordinate the US/Canada HR Operations team to share best practices, foster learning and networking opportunities, and drive collaboration.
- Undertake and manage additional HR projects as needed, aligning with the organization's priorities.