Field Supervisor III (Gas)
25 Hub Drive Huntingtn Sta, NY 11747 US
- Sound implementation of construction policies and procedures that maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding company growth goals.
- Direct all aspects of the construction process to meet Company goals while remaining fully compliant and within budgetary limitations ensuring the timely and cost effective installation of facilities.
- Monitor safety, performance, productivity and workload as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
- Facilitate and support the construction process.
- Manage the utilization of resources (personnel, vehicles, and equipment) to ensure a timely response, monitor safety, performance, productivity and workload and re-balance as needed to maximize efficiencies and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with Company standards and procedures, PSC Code requirements, OSHA, and municipal rules and regulations.
- Ensure accurate reporting of work including SOP' s, work order historicals, daily completion reporting, sketches, Operations Qualification, etc.
- Coordination of work packages to the team and ensuring representation on all projects before starting.
- Attend required Field Meetings necessary to progress the projects, including pre-construction meetings, safety meetings and notifications and all daily tail gate meetings.
- Submit Daily Paperwork with photo documentation.
- Jobsite reporting with 6: 30AM start time, personal vehicle and drivers license required
- Must have computer and device capable of taking pictures (smart phone or digital camera)
- Five plus years of proven managerial experience with a focus on construction policies and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of Company policies and procedures, and technical competence to prudently apply these to support construction operations.
- Extensive knowledge of the gas transmission and distribution system, engineering, construction & maintenance practices, gas utilization equipment, gas metering, and the electric distribution system; Federal, State, and Municipal Codes, Company standards and procedures as well as computer operations are essential.
- Familiarity with Construction standards, Work Methods, Rules for Safe Operation, and associated procedures, knowledge of Company policies and the application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement are needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, in addition to planning, organizing and computer skills.
- Prior experience dealing with diverse groups such as gas and/or electric customers, government officials, etc. in a tactful and diplomatic manner is vital.