The Planet Group https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63515/logos/square.png http://www.theplanetgroup.com http://www.theplanetgroup.com true
Field Service Technician
1502 W 4th Avenue Holdredge, NE 68949 US
Posted: 08/16/2022 2022-08-16 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract To Hire Job Category: Construction Management Job Number: 486417 Country: United States Is job remote?: Yes
Provides technical service and customer support to dealers, distributors, end users, and sales staff in the field.
- Investigates and troubleshoots matters concerning repair, procedures, or service to correct problems associated with product electrical or mechanical systems by working with multiple functions which may include Operations, Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
- Responds to and resolves a variety of product/service technical requests, questions, and concerns of moderate complexity via telephone, written correspondence, or in-person for both internal and external customers. Travel to project sites may include but not limited to performing start-up, integration, and training services
- Participates in the development and execution of custom and structured Training Classes for product specification, installation, maintenance, and repair
- Conducts research and investigations to determine validity of warranty claims and make Warranty Policy adjustments as required.
- Review failures, quality, and product liability claims by working directly with customers or dealer/distributors in order to resolve complaints.
- Supports engineering by being the technical voice of the customer in engineering discussions
- Advises technical publications with development of repair instructions, owner manuals and service troubleshooting guides for products as needed
- Attends and participates in sales meetings and trade shows as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Job Skills Requirements
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Basic knowledge of generator electronic controls unit and communication systems
- Hands-on experience with diesel engines and products such as power generating equipment, internal combustion engines (natural gas, propane), automatic transfer switches, air compressors, light towers, and indirect fired heater.
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills
- Results driven, goal oriented with customer focus with a high sense of urgency
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Associates Degree in Technical Field or related field, or equivalent education and experience Experience Requirements
- Three years technical service and repair experience
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Domestic and/or International travel as required up to 50%