Facilities Project Manager
Bessemer, NC 28016 US
- Our client is looking for an experience Facilities Project Manager who can run and manage capital improvement projects at a state of the art facility.
The successful candidate for this position would be responsible for managing multiple projects at the facility. This position requires an individual to be able to effectively function in a matrix environment. They must be able to interface seamlessly within the client’s organization (projects, operations, safety, etc.).
- Lead and participate in all aspects of Project Management for the facility-approved projects to ensure safe execution of the projects on time and on budget.
- Develop scope & statement of work, schedule, manage budget, approve purchases and source selections, and manage sub-contractors and available in-house resources.
- Gather requirements, maintain customer/stakeholder involvement, participate in design reviews, provide feedback, create an implementation plan, execute, provide quality assurance, and ensure proper closeout.
- Provide detailed inspection of project implementation, coordinate with the labor force, sub-contractors, and site authorities.
- Provide proper site permits, work authorization documents, and coordinate all affected/impacted parties.
Essential Duties Include:
- Responsibilities range from concept through commissioning
- Develop and review estimates and schedules, and progress reports
- Develop and review specifications, including design and construction criteria
- Participate in activities associated with equipment and material procurement, permitting, and subcontracting
- Perform and check calculations, specify equipment, and solve problems of complex to difficult engineering complexity
- Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity following organization and project objectives and guidelines
- Construction-related activities including daily inspections, red-lines, submittal review, and approval
- Follow the client Capital Deployment Process (CDP) to execute the projects
- Accredited four (4) year degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering, and six (6) years of work-related experience
- 5 years or more of experience managing projects in manufacturing setting is required
- 3 years or more of experience working in a Chemical plant is required
- Must have experience working with the stage-gate FEL process
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills
- PMP Certification preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Jobsite experience and understanding of construction safety program