1125 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY New York, NY 10027 US
Onsite NY, NY
The role of Examination Proctor for the Law School, but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Check in students, verify identification, and explain the exam process.
- Proctor and monitor exams in progress.
- Troubleshoot with internal departments to address student concerns.
- Proctor a variety of tests simultaneously.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials, test logs, and other test documents.
- Must be vigilant – able to pay close attention to cheating or prevention of cheating; able to administer faculty rules.
- Monitors students during test sessions to ensure a secure testing environment.
- Assist in the distribution and collection of test materials.
- Reports suspected irregularities to the Director of Disability Services.
- Controls admission to and from the testing room.
- Enforces exam rules regarding items brought into exam and kept at tables (must ensure cell phones are off and not at tables with applicants).
- Proctors must work quietly without unnecessary disruptions to test takers yet must be hyper-vigilant to applicant behavior and applicant needs.