Event and Conference Manager
1295 State Street Springfield, MA 01102 US
Start Date: 1/27/2023
Pay Rate: $55.00 - $58.00/hour (DOE)
Duration: 12 months with possible conversion
Location: Boston, Massachusetts -- Role will be Hybrid (3 Days in office Tuesday and Wednesday required and 1 additional day of choice. Other 2 days per week will be remote/work from home.) 10-20% travel required (domestic and international).
Our Fortune 500 Financial Services client has a HOT need for an Event and Conference Manager with 7+ years of experience with planning and executing meeting and conferences for executive leadership and/or board of directors in the F500 space. MUST be local to Boston to join the Events & Conference Management team for a 12 month HYBRID (3 days onsite) contract role starting in November 2023!
Please note up to 20% of local travel will be required and 1 international conference at the beginning of 2024.
Event and Conference Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Consulting with business partners on their meeting requirements, leading project planning, managing the meeting budget, sourcing event venues, contract management, attend travel in conjunction with travel management vendor, registration website and mobile app development, food and beverage management, etc.
- Development of program specs and communications with vendors to clearly communicate execution needs of the event
- Schedule and lead planning meetings with stakeholders
- Clear follow up communications with event stakeholders ensuring awareness of project deadlines
- On-site execution of the event which would include leading pre-con meetings, vendor load in and set up, on-site registration management, staffing management, etc.
- Attendance of regular team collaboration with ECM Director, event stakeholders, vendors, and other ECM support team members
- Ordering of on-site event supplies as needed, including but not limited to, office supplies, name badges, and signage
- Project management of event registration websites and mobile app builds
- Proof registration websites and mobile apps to ensure details are correct before launches
- Bachelor's degree (Required)
- Project management/program management skills
- Business communications experience
- Advanced experience with AirTable and CVENT
- Event agency experience a plus
- Experience supporting with executive leadership
- Tech-savvy and able to learn/adopt new technology tools and platforms quickly
- Organized and able to plan appropriate project timelines, work backward from deadlines, identify milestones and owners, and execute against a plan
- Advanced experience in PowerPoint
- Proven written and communication skills
- Willing and able to travel to various meetings and events throughout the year as needed but domestic and international (Please note most events will be Boston, MA based. Planner will be assigned approximately 10-20 meetings and events per year.)
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed for event execution