Environmental Project manager
5451 Enterprise Blvd Toledo, OH 43612 US
Our client is looking for an Environmental Services Project Manager do to an increase in business. This Project Manager will be responsible for putting projects together, i.e. equipment, labor, determines length of project and cost; determines regulatory and technical aspects of the project, managers the project from start to finish, i.e., visits sites to ensure safety and customer satisfaction to internal and external customer, mentor junior staff and, support other project managers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times."
- Assesses project needs in terms of equipment and labor and determines projected length of project and costs; oversees adherence to timeframes and costs throughout the project.
- Manage and conduct environmental assessments, investigation and remediation activities for environmental remediation projects. Complete environmental projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Assesses new projects some of which are technically complex and develops written proposals for the projects with the ability to assess the associated cost and set pricing for the work. Develops project objectives by preparing project proposals and plans; conferring with management. (Decon of equipment, areas, spill remediation, tank cleaning, water blasting, and demolition activities.)
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors and determining waste disposal or destruction options.
- Plans for initiation of project by scheduling resources; submits required paperwork to start project; negotiates with regulatory agency personnel and prepares written plans and compliance documents.
- Visits sites during project to monitor and keep client apprised of progress; recognizes and negotiates changes in original project plan and readjusts costs accordingly; performs field activities such as sample collecting if necessary.
- Maintains favorable and productive client relations throughout project; provides progress reports to and negotiates change orders with client.
- Manage Emergency Response projects, operations, activities and personnel in the field.
- Supervises subordinate personnel involved with field operations, plans work to ensure safe conditions, and instructs in methods and procedures. May supervise emergency response crew.
- Provides field service technical support to all field services locations and staff as requested.
- Participates in hiring, performance evaluation, disciplining, promotion and termination decisions.
- Responsible for monthly billing approval and various other administrative tasks. Takes lead on all credit and collection items and issues as it relates to the projects within the positions span of control.
- Minimum 6 years experience in hazardous waste management industry or environmental services (i.e., remediation, emergency response, etc.). with a four -year college degree.
- Four-year college degree preferred
- In lieu of degree 6+ years' experience in hazardous waste management industry or environmental services. (i.e., remediation, emergency response etc.)
- Technical field major preferred (i.e., Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science).
- CHMM preferred
This is a safety sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function. Proven ability to perform field work, write reports and manage multiple sites in a quality manner. Experienced with managing multiple projects at a time and developing new business. Good knowledge and understanding of various federal, state and local industry-related regulations. Working knowledge of other state environmental programs preferred (EPA, OPA, UST, OSHA, DOL, Hazwoper). Ability to manage schedules within budget and ability to maintain strong and good relationships with customers. Ability to sell additional work and articulate project scope. Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external contacts. Ability to work in team environment and independently. Problem solving abilities. Strong business writing skills and computer skills. Travel required. Must be able to be on call as needed or as scheduled. Ability to work outside in weather conditions. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.